Sign in to follow this  
ced1106

Rampage Dungeon

This is a First Created project, and this is the creator's first plastic-injection project, so the usual warnings apply. The creator, Jamison Valerio, has business experience and is affiliated with Printable Scenery, which has some KS experience, albeit it in .stl files. More information is appreciated. Anyway, the $70 level for about 70 pieces is at my price point for risk, and the set has the generic non-specialized pieces I prefer in a dungeon. Higher pledge levels have more specialized pieces. I figure this KS is for dungeon dwellers looking for less expensive pieces, rather than the more expensive high-end Dwarven Forge ones.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/606457671/rampage-dungeon-seamless-interlocking-dungeon-tile?ref=user_menu

28e23e3d831e9330abdcdedc0e105ddc_original.png

d9a6b61d29a4714f1b28597c3e72fea0_original.png

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 2

Hi C

First thanks for posting on the Reaper forums!

We are working with a local Injection mold tooling and molding company called ProtoQuick. Ken Stall and his team have 20 plus years in the business. They were excited to be part of this project when we started working with them. We made our first prototype molds in china to try out the Rampage system, since then we have made some here in the US to test out the process locally.

As for the logistics side of the business, we have a warehouse here in California and in Texas, and are use to shipping equipment nationally and internationally for live production events. Yes a bit different then shipping plastics, but the concept is virtually the the same, and we are use to working with manifests to get our shipments into other countries.

I run a company called Games Printshop, where we 3D print models licensed by Printable Scenery and ship them out to our customers. That was my introduction into working into the Hobby Industry. I have been a life long gamer, and have finally made the leap into turning my hobby into work.

This project came together as we realized there was a demand for the product. We were getting asked by customers if we could sell them finished Rampage tiles. The reality is 3D printing is amazing, but not ready for mass production. It is still more efficient for us to injection mold them, plus you get a higher quality product.

I hope that helps

Please do not hesitate to ask more questions, that is the beauty of KS.

Jamison

• Like 11

I'd be interested in knowing if the crypt specific walls (niche, mortuary,skull &pillar) will be available as an add on. I just don't have a need for the full liche set but would be interested in adding those to a smaller pledge.

• Like 1

Correct they are not exactly the same, but they work together on the same table just fine. If you jump on Instagram and look up Inkdmage, he has posted photos of his builds using DF and our prototypes together. I have attached a photo of ours side by side with a DF piece. One difference is we do not do the 1 1/2" floor, ours are 2". That way you get a true 1" playable tile. 

IMG_3877.jpg

• Like 5

Ink's instagram: https://www.instagram.com/inkdmage/?hl=en

I believe if you use the Rampage walls with the DF floor tiles, you should have compatible results, although the walls will be "freestanding" so may need to be attached to the sides of the floor tiles (eg. with poster putty). Rampage may be better for premaking corridors than necessarily compatible rooms? Project has been funded, with 2K+ to hit the free SG's! 

Capture.JPG

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 5

There you go, you found it C!

Keep in mind those are the prototypes, the new design we are going with for the KS has a newer updated stone, the one in the photo I attached, also the tops are not flat like that, they are stone as well. 

As you can see in the photo you can use them together, they just wont lock together. :) 

• Like 1

Various add-ons have already been added ($20 for an encounter room), but for those who like shiny...

ee1d7abbef83bab922f30f1caaf27edb_origina

• Like 3

I've  just find out about this project and it looks awesome:

- Great detail

- Durable

- Best use of space

- Easy for DM to place room by room.

- Affordable

I think it may be the best dungeon tile system ever made. Is there any drawback?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pedronunesv said:

Is there any drawback?

I personally am not fond of ABS game tiles.

Dwarven Forge used ABS for their Castle products and while it made sense to do that I do not like the feel or look of ABS.  But the Rampage system needs the physical properties of either a PLA or a ABS.  When they were just selling it as 3D files people chose one or the other to produce it on a 3D printer but it makes sense for Rampage to do these factory injected tiles in ABS.

While I may not like the feel or look of ABS tiles may others have no problem with it and some even like it as much as the PVC material that Reaper and Dwarven Forge normally use.

All in all, based on the enthusiasm of your post I think you will be happy with this KS.  Playing on gaming terrain is great be it Dwarven Forge, Dragonlock or Rampage.

Hope you have awesome games when you get your dungeon tiles. 

Edited by kodiakbear
  • Like 5