Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
WIP of the Cave Bear from Bones IV's Prehistoric Expansion. I did not get this expansion so I recently picked up the Stone Giants and the Cave Bear from a gift certificate to Reaper Miniatures. When I saw this I had ear-marked this to do the base in a similar method to Frulla Krung's base.
To achieve that I added the bark next to the integrated base as well as a pumice piece and then using baking soda and super glue I added the snow and ice.
For Frulla's base I used the BSI Thin Insta-Cure super glue and baking soda. That made the ice easier to form over the rocks. I will prolly add that after painting as well.
The base is built from cork with a plastic card (fake credit card sent in the mail) in between the top and bottom. It provides a nice rigidity to the cork.
This Cave Bear will get a paint job of grays with a tan crescent under his chin and a tan snout.
I've downloaded a ton of pictures of different bears to see where the colors shift along the bear to get a better color along the bear's length and over its head.
Enjoy and Stay tuned.
This is my first post here on the forums, but I've been a fan of Reaper for a while now. I've also been painting a while, but only got serious about learning in the last couple years. I've been working at tabletop ready level until I set my sights on these two frost giants. The detail is amazing in these models, so I felt like I had to throw myself into it and produce the best paint job I could. These are the very first pieces I've ever felt were worth considering entering into a competition of any sort. They are currently my best work, and yet I know that I have a long way to go with much to learn. Together they took 5 days to complete, working about 6-8 hours each day while I recover from shoulder surgery.
Some quick notes:
1. The bases are what came with the minis, please disregard them, I plan on following up in this post with custom bases for each of them.
2. The Winter Wolf that belongs to the one with the spear is not done yet. He'll be forthcoming in time.
3. Yes, I modded the spear. I cut off the head and used a spare brush protector tube to connect it to a wood dowel. I used a stain marker on the wood dowel and painted the spear head and tube. This meant that I had to drill out her hand. It was a bit dicey, but it turned out well, I think.
Loved these minis from the Kickstarter. I thought they would be taller but still enjoyed painting them. These are nearly done, I just need to highlight again and then tidy up all the things I ignore on smaller models because they don't show up...
Also need to do a snow effects base.
I haven’t posted in a while. Been mostly painting terrain for the past 8 months or so. Finally getting back to some minis.
So I picked up the Wizkids frost giant last fall to paint up as Harashnag for my Storm Kings Thunder campaign. He had been sitting around for a while and I finally got a chance to get him painted.
The right arm actually wasn’t glued in very well so I was able to paint with it out of the way for the most part. As usual with these Wizkids pre-primes, I didn’t clean up any mold lines though I probably should have this time around. C&C welcome!
Who's Online 12 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)