Jump to content

nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

Recommended Posts

So financially, I can't go this year, which has caused me to completely back burner the diorama I had already started on. 

 But I just had a distributor ask me for a quote for new equipment for a site about an hour away from Denton.  Now I just have to manipulate things so that they'll need me for the installation AND they'll do the installation the week before or after RCon.  ::D:

OK, so it's unlikely that it will work out that way, but a guy can hope, right? :B):
 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ReaperAHawk said:
  4 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

So it looks like, IF I can afford to attend, I'd be doing Saturday-Sunday. I didn't check last year - can you get the VIP bag with a Sat/Sun badge? And can I still enter the MSP open if I do?

Yes and yes. I don't remember if there was a Sat/Sun ticket last year, and nothing is showing up in searches or wayback machine, but the VIP bag can be added on. If you are arriving on Sat, there is a special open window for that day to submit your entry.

 
 
Hi!
 
No, VIP is pre-registered ONLY and not sold at the door. You can however, get a regular swag bag at the door IF supplies last. It is best to pre-register for ReaperCon admission to ensure you receive all the rewards.
 
There are daily passes and 4-day passes to ReaperCon. We don't do a 2 day ticket. Daily passes do not come with a swag bag; that can be purchased separately at the door (while supplies last)
 
If you buy a daily pass on Sat, you have until noon on Sat. for your entry.
Thanks!

 

I assumed that they would be pre-registering online. I just don't remember if there was a pre-registered option for a Sat/Sun or two day pass.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Can you get a VIP pre registering with 2 daily passes? Or do you have to get a 4 day pass? 

 

Pre-registering for a VIP pass gets you into the show 4 days as well as a ticket for our Wed, night Meet & Greet dinner. We don't offer 2 day passes, only daily passes.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

So financially, I can't go this year, which has caused me to completely back burner the diorama I had already started on. 

 But I just had a distributor ask me for a quote for new equipment for a site about an hour away from Denton.  Now I just have to manipulate things so that they'll need me for the installation AND they'll do the installation the week before or after RCon.  ::D:

OK, so it's unlikely that it will work out that way, but a guy can hope, right? :B):
 

Good luck!

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

 

Pre-registering for a VIP pass gets you into the show 4 days as well as a ticket for our Wed, night Meet & Greet dinner. We don't offer 2 day passes, only daily passes.

If I only intend on attending Saturday and Sunday, and want to both get the VIP and swag bags as well as enter my miniature on Saturday morning, what tickets would I need to get? 

 

I.E. I want the VIP bag that comes with the VIP pass, but still want to be able to enter my miniature for the MSP Open. I would not be in Denton until after con hours on Friday, preventing registration of MSP Open miniatures until Saturday. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like the VIP package only comes with a 4-day VIP pass. That will cover your Saturday attendance and include a swag bag. 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

If I only intend on attending Saturday and Sunday, and want to both get the VIP and swag bags as well as enter my miniature on Saturday morning, what tickets would I need to get? 

 

I.E. I want the VIP bag that comes with the VIP pass, but still want to be able to enter my miniature for the MSP Open. I would not be in Denton until after con hours on Friday, preventing registration of MSP Open miniatures until Saturday. 

 

Hope this will clarify....If you are only attending ReaperCon on Saturday, then you have until noon on Sat. to enter into MSP Open no matter what pass you buy/pre-register for (daily, 4 day, VIP)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ReaperAHawk said:

 

Hope this will clarify....If you are only attending ReaperCon on Saturday, then you have until noon on Sat. to enter into MSP Open no matter what pass you buy/pre-register for (daily, 4 day, VIP)

Thank you! That clarifies things! I thought buying the VIP would exclude me from the Sat entry.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Thank you! That clarifies things! I thought buying the VIP would exclude me from the Sat entry.

 

Fortunately we have great people running this con who don't get too hung up and enforce the intent of the rule and not R.A.W.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot to mention this yesterday, I found out that my military doctor paints Flames of War and gets his supplies from the same Kansas City game store. We talked about Reapercon and all the levels of classes so now he's looking into it. 

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm cautiously optimistic about my chances of attending this year, so I went ahead and booked a room just in case. I'll know for certain in a month or two. 

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about my chances of attending this year, so I went ahead and booked a room just in case. I'll know for certain in a month or two. 

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Don't you have to pay upfront to book a room at that hotel? If not...I may do the same...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Don't you have to pay upfront to book a room at that hotel? If not...I may do the same...

 

Most hotels give you until 24 hours before check-in to cancel your reservation with no penalty and don't charge to make a reservation.  I did this for RCon 2017.  So tempted to make a reservation for this year even though chances I could actually attend are slim.  We don't actually have any summer vacation plans, so perhaps I should poke hubby and see if he wants to do this.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

Don't you have to pay upfront to book a room at that hotel? If not...I may do the same...

 

Nope! No booking fees, not charged until the end of your stay, and I have until 2 days before to cancel. You need to give a card number to reserve it, but no charge until you actually stay there. 

 

By the way, I'd recommend using the following link, it leads right to the discounted booking: 

 

On 1/15/2019 at 12:57 PM, ReaperAHawk said:

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

 

Most hotels give you until 24 hours before check-in to cancel your reservation with no penalty and don't charge to make a reservation.

 

RCon hotel (Embassy Suites) doesn't take your money for reservations. You pay after your stay. The hotel I stayed at for LVO did charge a small amount from the total, but I reserved with like 2 weeks to go so no worries.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×