nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

When I went to ReaperCon last year, my paints were stored in clear plastic boxes in my checked luggage.  I didn't have any issue with leakage.  I packed my brushes in my carry-on bag because nice brushes aren't cheap and if my checked luggage got routed to Cheboygan by mistake, I would still be able to take my classes.  (I also packed my contest entries in my carry-on bag.)

Since one of the boxes I used wasn't waterproof, storing the box in a sealable plastic bag would have been a good idea.  Labeling the boxes would also have been a good idea.

You can carry paints in your carry-on luggage but they have to follow the 3-1-1 rule, just like other liquids.  I personally haven't tried it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

When I went to ReaperCon last year, my paints were stored in clear plastic boxes in my checked luggage.  I didn't have any issue with leakage.  I packed my brushes in my carry-on bag because nice brushes aren't cheap and if my checked luggage got routed to Cheboygan by mistake, I would still be able to take my classes.  (I also packed my contest entries in my carry-on bag.)

Since one of the boxes I used wasn't waterproof, storing the box in a sealable plastic bag would have been a good idea.  Labeling the boxes would also have been a good idea.

You can carry paints in your carry-on luggage but they have to follow the 3-1-1 rule, just like other liquids.  I personally haven't tried it.

If you don't want to risk your good brushes in checked luggage, use either second tier brushes or some cheap brushes that can be picked up at places like Michael's or Wally World for three or four bucks a set.

GEM

• Like 2

I literally dreamed about going to ReaperCon last night... I really need to get painting! :lol:

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Crowley said:

I literally dreamed about going to ReaperCon last night... I really need to get painting! :lol:

Yeah...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Crowley said:

And you walked up to the counter to check in your entries and they were only primed and not attached to the bases?

• Haha 6

I was dreaming about modeling this:

290062A2-E28F-4B1B-8A03-CB9480860BC1.jpe

(That is the barge that was skewered by the LPG Tanker Genesis River in the Houston ship channel this week.)

But:

1 hour ago, Crowley said:

I didn’t get as far as trying to enter the result at ReaperCon. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

And you walked up to the counter to check in your entries and they were only primed and not attached to the bases?

Didn't quite make it to the convention itself. Got as far as checking into the hotel before the alarm went off

• Like 4

I have had the classes I'm teaching approved.  I also have my rust-off mini mostly painted and my actual entry chosen and am deflashing it.

• Like 7

I just realized Reapercon is less than 4 months away.  I don't think I can decide whether or not to enter a figure in that time, let alone paint one. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Inarah said:

I just realized Reapercon is less than 4 months away.  I don't think I can decide whether or not to enter a figure in that time, let alone paint one. 

I painted my bronze entry last time I attended at the con... :blink:

• Like 6

RCon tickets ordered, class submission entered, and need to figure out who i want to bring for Painters. So many things i'm painting right now that i want to enter

• Like 3

Okay, class submissions...submitted! :blush: Now I just need to wait for approval and I'll add it to the list of "Forumite classes" thread (fantastic idea @TaleSpinner !). I also now get to fight off the "AAAAAAHH PEOPLE WILL BE PAYING MONEY TO HEAR ME TALK AT THEM" that hits me every time, lol. Impostor Syndrome is particularly bad for me this year, for some reason. :wacko: Like, I'm just a regular person that likes to gush about SHINY PAINTS! I'll totally do that for free anytime! :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

i tripped over my words so much last year. I hope i do better this year. They said they had fun and learned good things,s o hopefully that was true

• Like 4

5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Okay, class submissions...submitted! :blush: Now I just need to wait for approval and I'll add it to the list of "Forumite classes" thread (fantastic idea @TaleSpinner !). I also now get to fight off the "AAAAAAHH PEOPLE WILL BE PAYING MONEY TO HEAR ME TALK AT THEM" that hits me every time, lol. Impostor Syndrome is particularly bad for me this year, for some reason. :wacko: Like, I'm just a regular person that likes to gush about SHINY PAINTS! I'll totally do that for free anytime! :lol:

Huzzah!

I’ve been doing this since 2014, and I still get nervous every year at class submission time. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah!

Sophie says take OneBoot's classes.

• Haha 8