nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

5 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I signed up for this on Thursday.  My only class, actually.  I didn't want to take spaces away from people who want to learn stuff, since I don't really care too much about learning stuff.  But since I've never taken a class, I figured 90 minutes with a knife and some random body parts ought to keep me out of trouble.  

hubby and i have thursday tickets too. we'll see you there

• Like 4

6 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I discovered that I'm all out of brushes.  This is why I'm not in charge of logistics.

Nonsense! We’re still over two months from the con. You’ve got the job!

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

I signed up for this on Thursday.  My only class, actually.  I didn't want to take spaces away from people who want to learn stuff, since I don't really care too much about learning stuff.  But since I've never taken a class, I figured 90 minutes with a knife and some random body parts ought to keep me out of trouble.  

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Don't worry, I'll be there to help.

1 hour ago, Sirithiliel said:

hubby and i have thursday tickets too. we'll see you there

It's starting to sound like an all forumite brawl.  Are we going to have teams, or is it a free for all?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

This can only end in horror.  

>Purple on<

It's also possible that it may end in High Comedy.

>Purple off<

GEM

Possible Mashups:

Bug/Wolf

Chaos/Lips

Twinkle     Twinkle

• Haha 5

Happy to report that after much difficulty with Growtix [should be full-a-ticks] managed to secure all the classes I requested for both wife and myself.  Mostly entry level stuff.  With all the time I've spent hobbying, I've never had any formal art training.

Now to figure out if I'm going to have anything worth entering.

GEM

Twinkle     Twinkle

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Inarah said:

It's starting to sound like an all forumite brawl.  Are we going to have teams, or is it a free for all?

Well, if we draw up teams now, we'll have several months of smack-talking to look forward to.

On the other hand if we hold off on that decision until the day of, it'll increase the excitement.

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUMMMBBBBLLLEEEEEEE!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

My friend was able to get in and schedule classes for us yesterday (since the tickets are on his account) 

My schedule (as far as I can remember):

Thursday

The skincare routine (Hartwell)

Late night Fun with shiny paint (Cowles) 

Friday

Base Building (Grange)

Painting Fur Feathers and Scales (Schubert)

Saturday

Bones Mashup (Jackson, Van Horne, Wiebe)

From Good to Great (Kim)

Sunday

This isn't my first battle: aging and weathering (Cecil)

My friend and I have pretty different painting styles so we tried to go for classes that would suit both of us. I'm very excited! 

Edited by Fire_Eyes
Autocorrect
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I still cant decide whether or not I even want to take classes this year. I didn't manage to hang out much last year (mostly due to my own timidness) and I am gonna have less time this year.

• Like 1

Just ordered my ribbons for the con. My Bingo! ribbons were getting low, and this year I'll have something for blackout. I hate how expensive they get with shipping and setup fees, but then again, I still have a decent sized stack from three years ago, and the blackouts will last me for at least a half decade.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Just ordered my ribbons for the con. My Bingo! ribbons were getting low, and this year I'll have something for blackout. I hate how expensive they get with shipping and setup fees, but then again, I still have a decent sized stack from three years ago, and the blackouts will last me for at least a half decade.

When I went to order mine it quoted me $60 US for shipping, so I got Guindy to get them for me instead.  Her shipping? $10.  

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Does anybody know how to tell what faction you signed up for after the fact? My friend (who I really should give a nickname) forgot what faction he picked for us. All he remembers is that it's a group that "hangs back and let's the other groups fight it out" or something like that

Edited by Fire_Eyes
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Fire_Eyes said:

Does anybody know how to tell what faction you signed up for after the fact? My friend (who I really should give a nickname) forgot what faction he picked for us. All he remembers is that it's a group that "hangs back and let's the other groups fight it out" or something like that

they usually ask you what you want to represent when you get your badge, so it doesn't really matter too much

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

No, I can't find faction choices anywhere on Growtix, the Reapercon site (which is nearly devoid of con information) or in the email.   But you can change/choose when you pick up your badge.   And choosing a side doesn't stop you from giving points to another faction if you want. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1