nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Why do you have an umbrella in your milk? Is it suffering from heatstroke?

Yes.  Neither of us are used to the true definition of "warm".  

• Haha 4

52 minutes ago, Inarah said:

All those bloody QR codes for badges, bags and classes printed. 

ReaperCon is now an adult. ::P:

• Haha 2

On 8/19/2019 at 4:24 PM, Inarah said:

Sorry about the empty quote, was trying to get mobile website to clear an accidental click of the quote button and posted it instead:down:

Here's hoping I can shake this cold enough to have enough energy to both finish my Bombshell entry and do the headliner in my wife's car before I go....

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Sorry about the empty quote, was trying to get mobile website to clear an accidental click of the quote button and posted it instead:down:

Here's hoping I can shake this cold enough to have enough energy to both finish my Bombshell entry and do the headliner in my wife's car before I go....

Jam the Vitamin C and Zinc supplements.  Will knock out the cold bugs faster than anything else I know.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
tentacles
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, Inarah said:

Hah!  I have to hide them or DH will walk off with them and eat everything before the trip. :) 

I bought some extras to sacrifice in order to satisfy the obligatory taste test. :P  I mean, it would really be horrible (horrible!) to be stuck in a car that long without decent road snacks, it's truly my OBLIGATION to ensure quality standards are met ... no, exceeded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Yes.  Neither of us are used to the true definition of "warm".  

I made the mistake at looking at the weather forecast for Dallas/Denton. 38°C (100°F) :zombie: versus my cozy 17°C (63°F)!

For me, ReaperCon will be a strictly indoor event!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cranky Dog said:

I made the mistake at looking at the weather forecast for Dallas/Denton. 38°C (100°F) :zombie: versus my cozy 17°C (63°F)!

It's been a balmy 35-38 degrees every day this week.  I'm pretty used to it... however that doesn't mean I want to be out in it for long periods of time!

• Like 3

Omg where do you lucr and are they accepting new people?! But hey at least the hotel has an indoor pool! This is where I'll be found on most my down time lol

• Like 3

my average weather ranges similar to Dallas (though less Humidity), but this year we're going to rent a car rather than try to walk to food! That was bloody awful last year, tryingi to get to the restaurants across the street

• Like 3

I am proud of myself,I already have plans for my entries next year. Hopefully will get good tips at RCon for them, especially the sculpting

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Given how dependent I've found my energy level is on avoiding UVB, I'm right there with you. Still too close to the summer solstice for me to spend much time during the day down in Texas.

I mostly come out at night, mostly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

:zombie:it cools off at night though, right?!?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Painting is progressing among other things.  Lots still to do. 

Whats this @Inarah is saying about printing QR codes?  Did I miss a memo?

List to complete before leaving for the con next Tuesday (I'm making progress!):

- Learn to pose a ZBrush mini

- Sculpt the fixes and base on the DS mini

- Deliver the DS mini

- Paint my entry

- Sculpt 13 stump blanks for my Sculpting Nature class

- Get my class handouts printed (I forgot to send them to Ron in time)

- Dentist appointment

- 2 PT appointments

- Hair cut

- Take oldest kid to college

- Edit youngest's APUSH paper and print it so he has it ready when we return from the Con (he starts school the day after)

- Clean the house

- Clean the car

- Pack

- Whatever else I think of that I have forgotten but will be running around trying to get done on Monday night.

• Like 6