Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

Just now, buglips*the*goblin said:

I remember screams and gunfire, which either means a raid by colonial marines or your gramma was mad about the Saints' game.

Accurate, but the gunfire was the neighbor.

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

We do 9+ hours and last year we topped out around $120 for the whole trip since there was no back and forth between the hotel and event. My car's small, as is the fuel tank, but it's pretty fuel efficient....especially considering it has to compensate for my lead foot. ::P:

I don't remember the cost of gas last summer, but we used 2 or 2.5 tanks of fuel on our 20 hour round trip drive.  Started with a full tank, topped it off halfway to Dallas, and again before leaving on Sunday.  It's a sedan, not the most fuel efficient, but decent and comfortable for 3-4 people on a long haul. 

• Like 1

My cars pretty fuel efficient but I've never had to drive more than 3 hours in one direction in it- about 200miles (and that was coast to coast basically- England is so much smaller than America!), I think I did the round trip on one tank just, it was all motorway really which means I got more miles than usual out of it. My old housemate is from Austin Texas- if I were to go to Reapercon I would definitely have to visit them too, but I've also never driven abroad so idk if I'd really want to drive on the wrong side of the road! But on the other hand- I desperately want to visit the reaper factory!!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

so idk if I'd really want to drive on the wrong side of the road!

Since you're sitting on the other side of the car as well, it's not really that bad - it reminds you that you're supposed to be on the other side of the road.  Especially if you have a passenger with you.  And the bulk of the driving in TX between cities would be freeway (Motorway) for you, which makes it easier still. 

Where I had problems in the 3 years I lived in Australia was with the US Navy vehicles that were still left hand drive.  In those vehicles, I constantly found myself trying to turn into the wrong lane.  Since you're unlikely to be renting any cars in TX with right hand drive, I don't think you'll have that issue to worry about. :poke:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

I hope that's the T-shirt this year. :wub:

<drool...>

RC2019Sophie_Slide.jpg.2ad15e24ea8be2e048746491b6fedc0a.jpg

That...uh.....I don't think that cosplay would fit in my luggage. :blink: The ballgown and hoop skirt last year were bad enough! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

18 hours ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

I did have a sneaky look at the cost of flights to Texas, and they weren't too bad, but OH and I only really get to make 1 international trip a year and I think I'll have a tough time convincing him that this years destination should be a convention  as opposed to a beach ::D: A girl can dream though right?

Start dropping "hints" about the local beach, just don't let it slip that its on a fresh water lake.

GEM

16 hours ago, MiniDungeonMaster said:

A 6 hour drive?! I'm from England- anything more than a 3 hour drive and we just fly! Beach does look nice though- all adds to my case, plus petrol is way cheaper in America so a 6 hour drive probably isn't AS much of a money guzzler!

A six hour drive won't even get you into the next state from Central Texas.

GEM

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

<drool...>

Im hoping this is the reapercon sophie actually! We loved our room so much last year I wasn't too see if we can get the same one lol, also since last year was our first year and we had someone introducing us please forgive me if I met you last year and ask again, iit's not cause I don't care or it wasn't memorable only that my brain doesn't work like it use to anymore lol

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Im hoping this is the reapercon sophie actually!

It is! :) Talin gave me a sneak peek of this very picture at Reapercon last year (and we both agreed that this version wasn't quite as cosplay friendly lol, but still very awesome). If I'm able to attend this year, I plan to go as Wild West Sophie from a few years ago. I've already found a pair of feathered wings on ebay that should do nicely (as in they look pretty close and aren't too big).

Huzzah!

• Like 8

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

It is! :) Talin gave me a sneak peek of this very picture at Reapercon last year (and we both agreed that this version wasn't quite as cosplay friendly lol, but still very awesome). If I'm able to attend this year, I plan to go as Wild West Sophie from a few years ago. I've already found a pair of feathered wings on ebay that should do nicely (as in they look pretty close and aren't too big).

Huzzah!

I'm just imagining you going home after last ReaperCon and the hubby walking up behind you as you work on your PC, "Dear, why are you looking at forge plans?"  :lol:

• Haha 5

16 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

<drool...>

Seen this on the banner that was presented at the end of the Con. That picture is one reason why I'm gonna hate missing this year. Hoping the minis (I'll have a ninja!!) & @ReaperWolf's adventures are equally awesome!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

also since last year was our first year and we had someone introducing us please forgive me if I met you last year and ask again, iit's not cause I don't care or it wasn't memorable only that my brain doesn't work like it use to anymore lol

I run the Forumite Bingo every year, and I still have to remind myself who everyone is. Even the ones I’ve met every year. I wouldn’t worry too much about not remembering. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1