Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

30 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I run the Forumite Bingo every year, and I still have to remind myself who everyone is. Even the ones I’ve met every year. I wouldn’t worry too much about not remembering. 

This makes me feel a little better.

I'm bad with faces and sometimes names.  I'm sure I'm not going to recognize many people I met last year.  So apologies in advance, everyone.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, OneBoot said:

It is! :) Talin gave me a sneak peek of this very picture at Reapercon last year (and we both agreed that this version wasn't quite as cosplay friendly lol, but still very awesome). If I'm able to attend this year, I plan to go as Wild West Sophie from a few years ago. I've already found a pair of feathered wings on ebay that should do nicely (as in they look pretty close and aren't too big).

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Wait as in the miniature? Cause that's what I was meaning if so awwwww man i'm getting 50

Edited by Crimson_king_of_the_tower
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Wait as in the miniature? Cause that's what I was meaning if so awwwww man i'm getting 50

You, me, and about half the other folks on this forum.  

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 12:54 PM, Pegazus said:

I run the Forumite Bingo every year, and I still have to remind myself who everyone is. Even the ones I’ve met every year. I wouldn’t worry too much about not remembering. 

It can take years to learn the names, and the con is bigger every year.

I may look into having a t-shirt made with my forum heraldry to make myself easier to identify. The bright blue yellow and orange should at least make me visible at a distance. ::D:

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, klarg1 said:

It can take years to learn the names, and the con is bigger every year.

I may look into having a t-shirt made with my forum heraldry to make myself easier to identify. The bright blue yellow and orange should at least make me visible at a distance. ::D:

Are you bringing the new Mrs Klarg?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

Are you bringing the new Mrs Klarg?

There is too much up in the air to say at the moment. She's at a major turning point in her career (she'll learn about here tenure status in May), and my job (We have to nail our July engineering targets if I want to take time off at the end of the summer)

I'd like to. I think she might enjoy talking educational shop with the instructors.

Is there a fire pit at the new venue? She might give in if I tell her there's a fire pit for after hours.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, klarg1 said:

Is there a fire pit at the new venue? She might give in if I tell her there's a fire pit for after hours.

There is a pit, tho I feel it isn’t as good as the Garden Inn. 

However, they had a happy hour after five that provided free beer. So perhaps dangle that.

• Like 4

On 1/31/2019 at 5:46 AM, TaleSpinner said:

I'm just imagining you going home after last ReaperCon and the hubby walking up behind you as you work on your PC, "Dear, why are you looking at forge plans?"  :lol:

Actually, you can buy complete "off the rack" suits of armor from various eras [and cultures] on the Bay of E and I believe there are even some bespoke armorers who sell their wares there.

GEM

7 hours ago, klarg1 said:

There's also a nice pool, both an indoor and outdoor version. I plan to spend time there again this year. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Highlander said:

Latest semi-official or wild guess date for registration to open?

Late spring, early summer, or late summer. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 1:49 AM, OneBoot said:

That...uh.....I don't think that cosplay would fit in my luggage.

It would if you have an abundance of free time and are ready to begin a hardcore adventure into the world of modular papercraft.  If you started now, you'd probably have it done by Reapercon 2020.  :upside:

• Like 2

On 1/31/2019 at 2:56 PM, Xiwo Xerase said:

This makes me feel a little better.

I'm bad with faces and sometimes names.  I'm sure I'm not going to recognize many people I met last year.  So apologies in advance, everyone.

It can be doubly confusing if somebody is going by their real name.  I don't prohibit people from using my real name, I just prefer to go by Buglips because it's easier to remember since there's only one.  Helps if somebody is calling out to me, too.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

It can be doubly confusing if somebody is going by their real name.  I don't prohibit people from using my real name, I just prefer to go by Buglips because it's easier to remember since there's only one.  Helps if somebody is calling out to me, too.

I think one year most of us had written both names, just in case. Lol. 

That's another thing that I think complicates it... You have to remember not one, but 2 names for everyone! 

I'll answer to pretty much everything, ER desensitizes you to namecalling. ::D:

• Like 5