So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

nytflyr

2 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I believe I am either going to have to scale back the plans I have for the one entry planned, or just kick it into the next Con. Ran into some modeling issues. Too small of a thing with too big of a resolution.

Im still hoping to have something done this year between work I still really haven't gotten to do much

• Like 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am almost done with my open entry, just have to finish the leather bits and metals. Two of my painters entries and some of the minis for one of the dioramas have skin and hair done plus some base coats on other parts. I still have a lot to do in the short amount of time we have left but I am confident I can finish.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I believe I am either going to have to scale back the plans I have for the one entry planned, or just kick it into the next Con. Ran into some modeling issues. Too small of a thing with too big of a resolution.

It takes me about 3 years to get an entry competition worthy.  Better to wait, than rush it. 

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

My ribbons have just shipped and I should be restocked on Tuesday!

I've lost my motivation a bit on my entry, since it was going to be a surprise for my love and he's not going to make it this year.

And he's so sweet too, he's just bouncing around and excited about the gift so he's useless for critique. :lol:

And there's other stuff I want to scuuuulpt! But I gotta focus and keep painting haha.

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

On 7/30/2019 at 10:42 AM, Pegazus said:

Trying to get a decent carbon fiber panel look on my current figure's armor is driving me to distraction. I'm not unhappy with the better bits, but it's slow, slow, slow. We'll see what I can finish beyond my class prep.

Grand plans? Meet life!

:rolleyes:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

We'll see what I can finish beyond my class prep.

Grand plans? Meet life!

:rolleyes:

I'm in the same boat. All this moving and packing and lifting heavy stuff has left my hands and arms utterly useless for painting lately, so right now I'm just hoping one of my class examples turns out half decent and I'll enter that. :unsure:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 7