So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

nytflyr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Julie Ecklar was there last year (she did the fantastic Dune Shai Hulud) and I would dearly love to meet her. She's one of my biggest inspirations as a songwriter and I love all of her songs... I know she's there as a private person and friend of Reaper though so I don't want to bother her...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Aard_Rinn said:

Julie Ecklar was there last year (she did the fantastic Dune Shai Hulud) and I would dearly love to meet her. She's one of my biggest inspirations as a songwriter and I love all of her songs... I know she's there as a private person and friend of Reaper though so I don't want to bother her...

Wow that is amazing and id love to meet her as well but I totally understand where you're coming from that's a tough one lol

• Like 3

hah, yeah, like 90% of my things are painters category.  Like one Ordinance.  one that I could maybe call Open at a stretch.... and if I finish it (figure arrives today) maybe one diorama.  And like 12 painters.  

maybe won't bring most of the painters.

• Like 3

Sounds like a good idea. Bring your best stuff, continue working on the rest.  The judges will appreciate it too.

Planning for the trip and con officially begins today.  Car is getting inspected, new battery, new windshield (it cracked and needs replacing to pass state inspection) oil change, etc.  Already put two new tires on it in July.  

DH is working on an entry, I'm not. I already know I can paint at Bronze level. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

That made me laugh more than it should. Same reasoning on my end. 

oh this rings so true.  I am entering pieces to show off to friends and collect ribbons.

My plans for this year involve gaming, seeing friends, pawing through the melt table for that nugget of gold and having a good and stress free time.

I brought my company back from the edge of ruin this year, I think that's enough of an accomplishment, now i want some time off!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I have decided that I am going after all. I need a vacation badly. We will see if I get any entries done as all of my hobby stuff is packed and in storage. The paints and figures are easy to get to, the brushes and other tools are harder. I did just get my Bombshell order with a Morihalda bust and I would really like to get her done. 

• Like 8

Yep, I know I'm in the, "I can put some paint on a mini" category. ::D:

I'd love to get better one day, but I prefer to spend my learning time sculpting! This year's entry was supposed to be a surprise for my husband, so I didn't get to spend a lot of time sculpting. I'll still bring his surprise as an entry, but it's really more of a, "hey I was here this year for friend time and I learned a bit about composition and blending!" 

I'll bring my in-progress sculpts for critique in the artist alley. I don't want to rush them just to enter them and get worse feedback.

• Like 5