So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

nytflyr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 2 (maybe) entries done for painters, and I'm debating on entering another into open. I have three more potential painters entries on my desk, one of which is half done.  I'm trying to hit as many of the manufacturer's awards categories as I can, but we'll see how many I can pull off. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

Im looking forward to this trip. Cause... blah to work. 

:) I so know what you mean. This will be my first vacation in two and a half years, and I am so ready. Actually have an entry almost ready for the painting contest. I say almost because I dropped it the other night and now I have to touch up where it hit the concrete floor

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, rawlkeer said:

:) I so know what you mean. This will be my first vacation in two and a half years, and I am so ready. Actually have an entry almost ready for the painting contest. I say almost because I dropped it the other night and now I have to touch up where it hit the concrete floor

Ouch!  know that feeling!  I am sure you can get it in time.  I have this week to do whatever i am going to do and then its off to Montana and Fayetteville for a couple of weeks; then Reapercon! 

I am pretty excited this year because I get to go to the whole thing and my flights are direct so no missing half of Thursday and Friday like I did last year because I didn't get into the hotel until 4 in the morning. (Henceforth known as the reason I won't fly United willingly anymore.)

1 hour ago, Fire_Eyes said:

I have 2 (maybe) entries done for painters, and I'm debating on entering another into open. I have three more potential painters entries on my desk, one of which is half done.  I'm trying to hit as many of the manufacturer's awards categories as I can, but we'll see how many I can pull off. 

I am in a few of these myself but I decided not to overthink it this year.  I will give it a good shot but I refuse to stress over it anymore. 

Looking forward to seeing everyone again!  (sometimes for the first time... my facial recognition package is substandard :blush:)

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 4

I hear so many horror stories about people flying commercial and getting stranded or really delayed. Makes me never want to fly commercial. I am taking my time driving, stopping after about 8 hours and finishing the drive the next day, about 4 hours I think.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, rawlkeer said:

I hear so many horror stories about people flying commercial and getting stranded or really delayed. Makes me never want to fly commercial. I am taking my time driving, stopping after about 8 hours and finishing the drive the next day, about 4 hours I think.

You hear the horror stories b/c most of the time it is fine and not worth talking about. By far, flying is the best form of travel.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

You hear the horror stories b/c most of the time it is fine and not worth talking about. By far, flying is the best form of travel.

So true, like everything else you only hear about the bad. I wish I could afford a little plane I could fly myself to these events. Maybe one day after I win the lottery. Gotta remember to play it first :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

hmm, tried to reply and it disappeared into limbo on my phone, so here goes again. 

I used to travel 15-20 times a year for work, for about 6 years. During that time I had a grand total of 3 trips where I didn't arrive on the day I was scheduled to, all due to hurricanes or blizzards. ( and one more close call where the airline called me early and said if you can get to the airport in the next hour we can get you out of here, otherwise you're waiting til after the hurricane passes in a few days).  one other time where a mechanical problem resulted in a 5 hour delay leaving and I got there about 3 hours late.  One more where a mechanical problem caused me to leave 30 minutes later, no longer have to have a connection, and arrived an hour early, but they misplaced my bag for about 12 hours.  other than that the delays were less than a couple of hours or resulted in a connection in a different airport than before. 

Also one personal trip we completely re-routed because of a hurricane and we couldn't change our time off.

So, all told, 7 out of 70 ish trips that had something to really grumble about, and only 2 of those weren't because of severe weather that would have prevented me from being willing to drive.   I'd say that was pretty good odds :)

Also, if something does go wrong, try not to take it out on the person at the service desk.  Most of them really are trying as hard as they can to help, and being pleasant to them can go a very long way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

i mostly want to drive because every time i fly, one of my competition minis gets some sort of damage i then have to fix.

i also have to be careful what i purchase, and how many paints i get, because i might not be able to take them all back with me since we only fly with carry ons and no checked luggage

• Like 3