So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

nytflyr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Gencon is past.  I've got a medium case of the gencon plague (aka double sinus infection) but have several hours in at the bench for Reapercon glory.  The figures for my diorama are maybe halfway painted, and another single figure is pinned, assembled, and filled.  

We plan to drive, same as last year.  Car will have a new set of tires.  I'm hoping to avoid the 4 hrs of washing machine (thunderstorms) in Missouri this time!

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Keianna said:

I decided not to do any costuming this year, so I treated myself to a couple of Zazzle shirts. The I :wub: Ed Sculpts shirt and the awesome faction iconics shirt. Really happy with both. 

I'm trying to get a new costume done. I finally figured out what I want to do, 3 weeks before the con.  I need fewer distractions during the rest of this month. 

• Like 4

Still making good progress on my entries. Got my main painters entry and its base painted, just need to do the plants and blacken the plinth. My open entry is at almost the same point of completion, its base just has a few small details that I need to finish painting. Finished one of the figures for a diorama last night and the other just has details to be done. Their base minus a few detail areas is finished. Should be able to wrap everything up tonight and tomorrow leaving 2 weeks to finish my other diorama and painters entry. 

• Like 5

well, most of my planned entries for reapercon are as ready as i am going to make them.  I found one lonely sculpt from Ed Pugh on my shelf of shame so she may be finished in time to at least enjoy a ribbon.  Next job is figuring out how to pack them...  At least this year nothing is bigger than a 4x4 base.

• Like 5

Waiting for the parts guy who ordered special load leveling shocks for me to call so we can set up time to get them installed.

Once that's done packing will become much easier as we won't be dealing with the tail dragger scrape from the bicycle rack that holds our speed racers in place  trying to act as an extra braking system.

Other than that, somebody please kick me  where it will do the most good to motivate me to finish up my diorama entry.

GEM

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

With just 17 days left it doesn't look like I'll have anything for the MSP this year but hey im getting to take classes this year which I didn't get to last year so I'm excited about that

Hey dont sound yourself out yet.  There are people that paint a fig at the con and enter it; right Crowley?

• Like 6