So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

nytflyr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hey dont sound yourself out yet.  There are people that paint a fig at the con and enter it; right Crowley?

Ive gotten really good at painting cloth maybe I'll find a wizard with mostly robes and paint him up super fast

Edited by Crimson_king_of_the_tower
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hey dont sound yourself out yet.  There are people that paint a fig at the con and enter it; right Crowley?

sometimes something just clicks.  Enter the best you have and see what they have to say.  worst case you will get some interesting insight into your work

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I painted a rabbit familiar one year and got an award for it. 

I'm looking at the Darksword pug they gave us last time, and just not feeling it.  Anyone else? 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Inarah said:

I'm looking at the Darksword pug they gave us last time, and just not feeling it.  Anyone else?

30 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

It was the first thing I cut from my list of planned entries. Would love to enter it but ran low on time and inspiration never hit.

I have mine prepped, but haven't felt the spark to start on it.  I may bring it as something to work on in the open paint area.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

So im bringing a couple friends that have never been to something like this. I apologized to them cause it's a little late to get into any classes or games. What are some suggestions I could give them on what they could do while there? 

The various activities like paint and take or Sophie says could work 

• Like 6

Uhhhh off the top of my head....

Official hall hours:

• Will there be a Paint and Take?
  • Hobby Hijinks is a fun corner.
  • Wandering the booths
  • Talking to the artists.

Outside of the official hall hours:

• I believe my husband didn't sign up for any games on the site and he was able to attend several games in the Adventurer's League area when there were slots available.
  • There will likely be many board and card game groups spread across the lobby area after hours. Y'all can join one or start your own.
  • Firepit shenanigans.
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

So im bringing a couple friends that have never been to something like this. I apologized to them cause it's a little late to get into any classes or games. What are some suggestions I could give them on what they could do while there? 

Take the tour!

Are they into rpgs? card/board games? (As a past DM/GM, there is almost always a open spot at tables)

Vendor shopping, if anything to see & touch what is out there in gaming/painting.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Morihalda said:

Uhhhh off the top of my head....

Official hall hours:

• Talking to the artists. Definitely!! They are normal people, that love sharing their work!!

Outside of the official hall hours:

• Firepit shenanigans. Well no firepit now. Well tech' yes but turning it on, would make being outside even hotter. :lol:

Also note for those that didn't attend last year, you can't drink outside liquor/beer in public places due to the hotel has it's own license to sell that but if you get cups & such, you'll be good to go.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

I painted a rabbit familiar one year and got an award for it. 

I started mine, but the ideas I had for it just didn't work.  Inspiration is a fickle thing. 

Now he is mostly painted waiting for the weekend so I can attempt to finish in a whole different way than I started. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

1 hour ago, SGHawkins09 said:

It was the first thing I cut from my list of planned entries. Would love to enter it but ran low on time and inspiration never hit.

And of course while I am sitting here thinking about what paints I have out, an idea slaps me across the head. Now to see if I can find time for it, I have had worse deadlines.

• Like 4