So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

nytflyr

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...Ribbons and my new Sophie wings have been ordered, as well as my Ed Sculpts and 2019 Reapercon shirts. My class supplies have been ordered and will arrive in a big ol' box on Friday.

Still to do:

-Update/create class handouts

-Gather rest of costume (I have about half already)

-PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT

-PANIC ABOUT NOT PAINTING ENOUGH

-PAINT MORE

-DO MORE PANICKING

-Pack

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Parts are in for the load leveling system for the car, will be installed Thursday Morning.

My diorama is coming along, not as fast as I would like but fast enough.

Planning to stop by Reaper Store on the way into town to pick up a couple of entries for I heart Ed Sculpts and paint them up while resting up from trip and waiting for Con to start.

Everything else seems to be moving according to schedule/appointment times.

Excitement Level: rising.

GEM

Twinkle Twinkle

• Like 4

3 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Okay...Ribbons and my new Sophie wings have been ordered, as well as my Ed Sculpts and 2019 Reapercon shirts. My class supplies have been ordered and will arrive in a big ol' box on Friday.

Still to do:

-Update/create class handouts

-Gather rest of costume (I have about half already)

-PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT

-PANIC ABOUT NOT PAINTING ENOUGH

-PAINT MORE

-DO MORE PANICKING

-Pack

Huzzah!

Of you are panicking you're not doing it right.  I am sure everything will be fine.  Relax and enjoy the trip.  Worrying and panicking will do nothing for you.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

Just saw that The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance drops on August 30, which is Friday during the con.  Who's up for an all night binge?

Man thaty actually sounds pretty epic I'll have to check and see if I have any night classes. Also I know last year there were themed drinks at the hotel bar, will there be any this year has anyone heard? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Of you are panicking you're not doing it right.  I am sure everything will be fine.  Relax and enjoy the trip.  Worrying and panicking will do nothing for you.

:lol: Well yes, except that I forgot to order my class supplies last month like I'd intended (moving to a new place knocked a lot of things off my mental to-do list <_<), so once they arrive I'll only have about a week to prep nearly 100 figures + finish up my class examples, on top of regular life stuff. So I'm a lil' bit stressed about that, lol.

Huzzah!

• Like 6

On 8/12/2019 at 10:02 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Hey dont sound yourself out yet.  There are people that paint a fig at the con and enter it; right Crowley?

Yup! @Crimson_king_of_the_tower I painted the King In Yellow (Red Herald) at the con, including adding more greenstuff tentacles and won a high bronze. 

On 8/12/2019 at 4:53 PM, haldir said:

Also note for those that didn't attend last year, you can't drink outside liquor/beer in public places due to the hotel has it's own license to sell that but if you get cups & such, you'll be good to go.

Hmmm.... Good to know.

Ribbons should arrive Friday. Diorama in progress, and improved over my original idea. Painters entry is coming along. Still looking for a roommate if anyone is still looking. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, OneBoot said:

:lol: Well yes, except that I forgot to order my class supplies last month like I'd intended (moving to a new place knocked a lot of things off my mental to-do list <_<), so once they arrive I'll only have about a week to prep nearly 100 figures + finish up my class examples, on top of regular life stuff. So I'm a lil' bit stressed about that, lol.

When you say "prep," what does that entail?  That's a lot of figures.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I didn't know they came in different sorts. Can I get a gross of angry cocktail umbrellas?

This depends on what you consider angry. 

I would consider red an angry color, and I'm sure you can get them in red by the gross. 

ETA - I did find a company that will do custom printed ones if you're willing to buy a minimum of 5,000 ::D:.  How angry are you? 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

This depends on what you consider angry. 

I would consider red an angry color, and I'm sure you can get them in red by the gross. 

ETA - I did find a company that will do custom printed ones if you're willing to buy a minimum of 5,000 ::D:.  How angry are you? 

I don't think my anger goes to 5000.

That's even more than 11, innit.

In related news, I'm considering building an 18' Stonehenge diorama for the competition.

:poke:

• Haha 5