So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

nytflyr

50 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

This depends on what you consider angry. 

I would consider red an angry color, and I'm sure you can get them in red by the gross. 

ETA - I did find a company that will do custom printed ones if you're willing to buy a minimum of 5,000 ::D:.  How angry are you? 

Red umbrellas just make the drinks go fasta! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Still to do:

-Update/create class handouts

-Gather rest of costume (I have about half already)

-PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT PAINT

-PANIC ABOUT NOT PAINTING ENOUGH

-PAINT MORE

-DO MORE PANICKING

-Pack

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

I'm jumping a few steps and heading straight to panicking!

The more I think I'm ready to do my diorama, the more I realize I can add stuff to it (I found a bunch of useful basing material at the dollar store). But the less time I'll have to accomplish it.

12 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Of you are panicking you're not doing it right.  I am sure everything will be fine.  Relax and enjoy the trip.  Worrying and panicking will do nothing for you.

Pfft! Obviously you need a towel, like any proper hoopy frood would.

[Mental note: bring towel]

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I'm jumping a few steps and heading straight to panicking!

The more I think I'm ready to do my diorama, the more I realize I can add stuff to it (I found a bunch of useful basing material at the dollar store). But the less time I'll have to accomplish it.

Pfft! Obviously you need a towel, like any proper hoopy frood would.

[Mental note: bring towel]

I always know where my towel is.  Therefore I am never panicked. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Ive decided im going to finish the behir miniature I started for a d&d session he looks pretty good only thing is I never fooled any gaps and missed some of the mold lines iiis thaty an issue when being judged in just the painter's category? 

So the short answer, is "Yes". Which is probably not what you wanted to hear, sorry.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Then I may pick something else id hate to have thaty be the only thing wrong and I already know it

You could also clean the mold lines and fill the gaps, then repaint over those parts. I've done that before, and while it kind of sucks, it's probably easier than painting a whole new figure.

But if you paint something new then you'll have both the old figure and a new painted figure, so there's that, too. ^_^

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

You could also clean the mold lines and fill the gaps, then repaint over those parts. I've done that before, and while it kind of sucks, it's probably easier than painting a whole new figure.

But if you paint something new then you'll have both the old figure and a new painted figure, so there's that, too. ^_^

This is helped if you keep a paint journal and know exactly what paints you used and how. I had to do this on the Orc Swordsman I'm working on, because Bones are Bones, and have all the fun "opportunities" that Bones have. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Serenity said:

When you say "prep," what does that entail?  That's a lot of figures.

"Priming" them with Brown liner (they are Bones). Also this year I will be doing a single basecoat color on about a third of them; waiting for that to dry last year took far too much time that could be spent doing more interesting things. 

I do have a friend with an airbrush, whom I will probably end up bribing with cookies so I can park myself in front of it for a few hours. Doing all of these by hand is, despite my enjoyment of pulling off insane stunts, not a terribly productive use of my time. :upside:

I will be rethinking my class mini selections next year and potentially dropping the drybrushing bit in my Shiny Paint class. I'd rather not, but it would allow me to drop from 2 minis to 1 for that class (I couldn't find a single Bones mini that had both heavy armor with distinct plates AND chainmail with detaildeep enough to allow for good drybrushing). 

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud over here. 

Huzzah! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 8/6/2019 at 1:58 PM, Inarah said:

Get on I-35 a few miles from home, get off at the hotel exit. 

I only live 2 miles off I-35.  I'll be on the road with you somewhere.  We leave here early on Tuesday morning, stay in Guthrie, OK that night, and roll into the Hotel around noon on Wednesday.

On 8/6/2019 at 4:07 PM, Pegazus said:

Got refunded for my wife’s admission and two classes. Really bummed she won’t be coming. Learned when I went to Hawaii by myself that trips are more fun when you can share the adventure and wonders one sees.  

Not that you all aren’t fun, of course.

The people I travel with might disagree with you.  They constantly give me crap for ignoring them all week.  It's not my fault I have things to do and people to see.  I can talk to them anytime; I only get one week a year with you peeps.

11 hours ago, OneBoot said:

:lol: Well yes, except that I forgot to order my class supplies last month like I'd intended (moving to a new place knocked a lot of things off my mental to-do list <_<), so once they arrive I'll only have about a week to prep nearly 100 figures + finish up my class examples, on top of regular life stuff. So I'm a lil' bit stressed about that, lol.

Huzzah!

This from the lady who speed painted Maldrakar.

Use the bag shake method of Brown liner application.  I do still use my airbrush for base coating.  I still need to do that yet.  I am not removing any flash lines.  If students want the minis deflashed, they can do it after class as it doesn't really pertain to what we are doing in class. 

Oh, fudge!  I just remembered that I need to sculpt 12 starter stumps for Sculpting Nature.  Well, I know what I am doing this weekend.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:

The people I travel with might disagree with you.  They constantly give me crap for ignoring them all week.  It's not my fault I have things to do and people to see.  I can talk to them anytime; I only get one week a year with you peeps.

while my husband doesn't give me crap, i feel bad that he is probably bored for a lot of RCon. It's more my thing than his. Last year though, my nephew and his friend came on saturday and that gave the hubby something to do whiel they hung out and played a game

we decided we're flying this year

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

Oh, fudge!  I just remembered that I need to sculpt 12 starter stumps for Sculpting Nature.  Well, I know what I am doing this weekend.

I missed this class last year but it was once off the FIRST ones I grabbed this year im so excited to take it! I love sculpting terrain and little bits (not necessarily actual humanoid minis). Can't wait to take this !

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

I missed this class last year but it was once off the FIRST ones I grabbed this year im so excited to take it! I love sculpting terrain and little bits (not necessarily actual humanoid minis). Can't wait to take this !

I'll be in that class too!  Super excited for it!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

2 minutes ago, LittleBluberry said:

I'll be in that class too!  Super excited for it!

I've made some upgrades to the class based on feedback from last year's students.  Last year was my first for this class and it went really well, but had room for improvement.  So you are getting the polished version! :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1