So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

The first thing my wife does on entering a new hotel room is crank the AC temp all the way down and the fan all the way up.

The ladies she shares rooms with while traveling on business for our Fraternal Order know this and pack their heavy jammies.

I stand it as long as I can then will sneak it up into the low 70s.

Our Suite during ReaperCon was very comfortable, in all ways, including temperature.

GEM

• Like 7
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

The first thing my wife does on entering a new hotel room is crank the AC temp all the way down and the fan all the way up.

The ladies she shares rooms with while traveling on business for our Fraternal Order know this and pack their heavy jammies.

I stand it as long as I can then will sneak it up into the low 70s.

Our Suite during ReaperCon was very comfortable, in all ways, including temperature.

GEM

You're wife is awesome winter wonderland forever! 

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Inarah said:

I'm ready for next year...post-con depression setting in.  :unsure:

I got it a  little bit, too. My solution was to hobby a little bit; I spent some time green stuffing one of my Bones mash up creations.

• Like 11

Ive been saying this the last couple of years, but this time I mean it! I'm not going to get sidetracked and I'm going to keep painting and I fully intend to run a Fists and 45s! game next year. not sure Ill mess with a MSP entry this year, if it happens it happens...

• Like 4

One of my favorite parts is how it totally jumpstarts my painting mojo! I wanna paint ALL THE THINGS now! ::D:

Also I keep finding myself distracted by the most random stuff, like a shiny lamp base, or the shadows cast by a room corner, or the folds in MrBoot's shirt, etc. and trying to figure out how to paint them. It's like my eyes leveled up! :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 10
  • Haha 4
1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

One of my favorite parts is how it totally jumpstarts my painting mojo! I wanna paint ALL THE THINGS now! ::D:

Also I keep finding myself distracted by the most random stuff, like a shiny lamp base, or the shadows cast by a room corner, or the folds in MrBoot's shirt, etc. and trying to figure out how to paint them. It's like my eyes leveled up! :bday:

Huzzah! 

Me and the wife had the same energy we were going to clean a spot where we could both work next to each other set things up help each other. Then I got sick as a dog and haven't moved from bed ugh

• Sad 8
6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Huzzah! 

Lol! Ive been taking pics of things that catch my eye... I must look like a nut.. hold on I gotta take a picture of this rock!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
5 hours ago, Dragoneye said:

Lol! Ive been taking pics of things that catch my eye... I must look like a nut.. hold on I gotta take a picture of this rock!

If you think that looking at the world with a Miniaturist Painters perspective is,  shall we say "Odd" try looking at things, all the things, from the perspective of a Model Railroader who tries to build All The Things.

If you ever run into somebody taking pictures of an old and possibly run down building located near an abandoned railroad right of way, equipped with some basic surveyors tools as well as camera and notebook, you've found a Wild Model Railroader doing research for a future modeling project.

GEM

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

If you think that looking at the world with a Miniaturist Painters perspective is,  shall we say "Odd" try looking at things, all the things, from the perspective of a Model Railroader who tries to build All The Things.

If you ever run into somebody taking pictures of an old and possibly run down building located near an abandoned railroad right of way, equipped with some basic surveyors tools as well as camera and notebook, you've found a Wild Model Railroader doing research for a future modeling project.

GEM

Lol! Im from Milwaukee, model railroaders are everywhere. But we went to the zoo and while I did take pics of animals, I took a lot of pics of water, rocks, tree stumps, bugs, old fences... you name it. Thanks for reminding me to look up when Train Fest is!

• Like 6

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to attend in 2019 due to having a child wanting me to visit him and attend DragonCon. After talking with him this morning, we decided that he would be joining me in Denton next year for ReaperCon instead. :winkthumbs:

I'm also supposed to talk with another of my kids about going as well, so there may be three in my contingent.

Now, I just have to decide what to start working on to be able to enter in the MSP Open.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Dragoneye said:

Lol! Im from Milwaukee, model railroaders are everywhere. But we went to the zoo and while I did take pics of animals, I took a lot of pics of water, rocks, tree stumps, bugs, old fences... you name it. Thanks for reminding me to look up when Train Fest is!

Train shows are great sources for tools and terrain materials.

Really bad for people miniatures, though. Model railroaders will pay ridiculous sums for the worst human sculpts you've ever seen. Lots of variety though. ("The food is terrible, but the portions are so large!" :poke:)

• Like 8