Sign in to follow this  
nytflyr

So... who's ready for ReaperCon 2019?

Uh No...

18 hours ago, Crowley said:

:zombie:it cools off at night though, right?!?

Right now, in the dead of the night, in Denton and the rest of DFW, it is:

78°F

Your daytime high for tomorrow, predicted to occur at 4pm, is going to be:

76°F

Edited by TGP
color coding added to assist in differentiating hot/cold. ;-)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Uh No...

Right now, in the dead of the night, in Denton and the rest of DFW, it is:

78°F

Your daytime high for tomorrow, predicted to occur at 4pm, is going to be:

76°F

Just remember the tradeoff:  Denton never sees 0 deg F.  You may not appreciate this, but the people in Denton do...

Edited by Kangaroorex
Auto corrupt
  • Like 3

I'm pretty darned excited, but ready is another thing, altogether! I'm getting there, though.

Finishing up projects and packing them securely in a luggage handler-proof container... Wondering which important item I'm going to forget... So exciting!

I'm pretty pumped to get to know you all a bit better, though, and to see the wonderful things you've been working on!

• Like 5

Hasn't really hit me yet.  This year has been so busy that life just seems to blend to never ending cycles.  It will probably take until I'm on the plane before I notice I'm not just on another work trip.

Besides, I have to deal with my doctor chiding me for not taking better care of myself.  I haven't had the best luck medically over the last few months and he would like me to back off my schedule but there is just so much to do!

• Like 7

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

The text color isn't working, so smiley faces for completed things it is! 

-Paint class example minis (2-3)

::):Finish class minis prep

::):Instructor notes for shiny paint class 

-Finish and print new class handout

-Gather display minis (+Ed sculpt) 

::):Gather other minis to maybe paint (Tiger Lily, DS, Argent)

-Finish priming Argent

-Make big pot of chili so MrBoot doesn't starve while I'm gone

-Pack hobby stuff [started!] 

-Pack regular stuff

-Print boarding pass (Monday)

-Print registration QR code(s) 

-Get shirt and vest for costume

-Get nails done

::):Find business cards and their holder

-Remember what I forgot to put on this list once it's too late to do anything about it 

And another prep pic for the fun of it. Behold my colorful paladin army! They are ready to venture forth and become SHINY! :bday: 

20190823_214053.thumb.jpg.7163df4a9a3e78f04b28e4a38941e233.jpg

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

Looks like a high school color guard! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not going but have some general advice for Con goers.

1: If you need it, BRING it. And bring extras! Someone will forget a thing they need and will appreciate anyone that can give them that! Have some extra pencils, scratch paper, dice, napkins/paper towels/tissues, ect.

2: Meds! Have all that you need for yourself for your whole trip and more! You do NOT want to run out if you get delayed on your return. Also, basics like pain meds, allergy meds and so forth. Even if you don't need them, somebody around you might. Medical info! Carry a list of your medications, alerggies and conditions/family history. If something really bad happens and you cannot talk or inform doctors/nurses/paramedics, then having a list of that stuff can save your life! Also, include emergency contact info on it! Have contact info for both home and mobile numbers, especially for any of your companions attending the Con.

3: Chargers/power bank/batteries. If you have any electronics, bring at least one of these.

4: Basic emergency tools. A dedicated flashlight. A small First-Aid kit. A whistle.(The flashlight is because of "the Night the Lights Went Out at GenCon." One year, the fire alarm went off and with it the lights in the entire ICC. I was in the Sagamore Ballroom when everything went dark in the middle of games. The first light came from my flashlight that I kept in my pocket at all times! I keep one due to my bad eyesight, especially in dim light. So, bring that flashlight and keep it close!)

5: A list of your panels and events, with locations. Also, a packing list with all of the items you brought to the con that you plan to take back with you. And a shopping list including your budget for each item. Include a chunk of your budget for other stuff too. You never know if you need a thing until you know it exists and that was about 5 seconds ago. Also, Budget for FOOD! Zombies are not fun to play with or as!

I'm dropping a couple image files that could be useful.

IMG_0027.thumb.jpg.74510b6ee7944860302954cf6709b3e4.jpg

This here is a pretty good starter for a packing list.

1721847021_GenCon50Schedual0002.thumb.jpg.533384e90ae804fdd30691171abf9198.jpg

This is an example of a Schedule for a con. Specifically it is my own one from GenCon 50.

Anywho, Safe travels and enjoy the Con!

GF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Just remember the tradeoff:  Denton never sees 0 deg F.  You may not appreciate this, but the people in Denton do...

Or -54 deg F.... which I hope never to see again!

• Like 2

Good thoughts GF, but I live my life way too disorganized for those lists.  If I spent the time to do those lists, inwouk d have no time to actually do the things on them.  People should definitely try that but it doesn't work for me.

16 minutes ago, Dragoneye said:

Or -54 deg F.... which I hope never to see again!

I would rather never see those temperatures either.  Closest I've been is -42.  I will admit it was kind of cool making instant snow... for about 5 minutes before racing back inside!

2 minutes ago, Crimson_king_of_the_tower said:

Ive got 4 daaaays of work 3 days after 2pm today then driving up with everyone Wednesday will be there in time for pizza dungeon I can't wait to be back! 

I'm actually looking forward to going to the pizza dungeon, even if I can't eat the stuff :down:.  At least in get to see everyone!

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Generic Fighter said:

Basic emergency tools. A dedicated flashlight. A small First-Aid kit. A whistle.(The flashlight is because of "the Night the Lights Went Out at GenCon." One year, the fire alarm went off and with it the lights in the entire ICC. I was in the Sagamore Ballroom when everything went dark in the middle of games. The first light came from my flashlight that I kept in my pocket at all times! I keep one due to my bad eyesight, especially in dim light. So, bring that flashlight and keep it close!)

How much of this can travel with you in an airplane cabin..?

• Like 2