Jump to content

XCase Enhanced and Insert - Active Minds Games


ActiveMindsGames
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hey Everyone, first let me say thanks to all the great people who visited us at ReaperCon. You guys definitely made it our best Con yet. We sold out for the 3rd Straight year. We always love coming to ReaperCon!

 

Now it is time for us try again to restock and continue to make the best storage and display solution for miniatures on the Market, No Foam required. Our latest Kickstarter has launched, and this version of the Clear XCase will be better, stronger, faster...OK, maybe not faster, but definitely better and stronger. These units are able to withstand pretty much any normal usage scenario that you might throw at them, for, what should be, years to come.  Also, you will have a chance to get your hands on the first wave of organizational inserts we plan to offer for the XCase. The shelf and tray inserts that are add-ons will allow you to display your miniatures even more prominently during travel or will hold your dice, tokens, cards or whatever components your game has... except the board.

 

This is a relaunch as our September campaign came up short. We did quite a bit of marketing this time and we are doing better but we could still use your backing I hope you will come check it out.

 

XCase 2.0 Kickstarter

 

KickstarterLaunch.thumb.png.2346cbe61cd495c222479e1c86fd4063.pngDSC_1429.thumb.JPG.82d4270add39dca370ec5c2fa267d3c9.JPG

 

Edited by ActiveMindsGames
Kickstarter Update
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the cases as well. They stand up to abuse. I sent my case packed in the luggage and through the TSA hands. Arrived back home wiwitwiwith no cracks or dents. I know for this project,  they are making the plastic sturdier for the clear versions.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator

Won’t be backing this because of their use of Fedex for shipping to Canada.

Backed the previous Kickstarter and Fedex charged handling fees that were more than the customs fees they “collected”. The extra charges ended up being as much as I pledge for the kickstarter itself.

 

I order a lot of hobby/miniature things from the States and know had it been sent through US Postal Service and Canada Post there’s a good chance I wouldn’t have been charged customs fees and even if I had the handling fees wouldn’t have been anywhere near that high.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

I have 2 clear cases from the last kickstarter. I hung them on my wall over my paint racks to hold WIP minis. They've been ideal for that. They hold most human sized minis mounted to corks or wooden candle holders. Are these the same dimensions as the ones from last time?

Yes, exact same dimension only much stronger material with some small feature improvements that may only be noticeable comparing units closely.

6 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I'm definitely picking up something from this kickstarter, was very impressed with the cases I got from the last one :) The company are good at keeping you updated as well.

 

4 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I like the cases as well. They stand up to abuse. I sent my case packed in the luggage and through the TSA hands. Arrived back home wiwitwiwith no cracks or dents. I know for this project,  they are making the plastic sturdier for the clear versions.

 

Thank You!

4 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Won’t be backing this because of their use of Fedex for shipping to Canada.

Backed the previous Kickstarter and Fedex charged handling fees that were more than the customs fees they “collected”. The extra charges ended up being as much as I pledge for the kickstarter itself.

 

I order a lot of hobby/miniature things from the States and know had it been sent through US Postal Service and Canada Post there’s a good chance I wouldn’t have been charged customs fees and even if I had the handling fees wouldn’t have been anywhere near that high.

You are not the first person to bring this up and we feel your pain. We hate the cost of shipping and we will definitely be looking into USPS this time around we were not aware that they handled that sort of thing differently. We just wanted to offer the lowest base price. We are also in talks with some fulfillment services to see about using their services to lower costs to Canada.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What do you think of this Cool Variant. Talked to Reaper and we are going to make a branded unit if our Kickstarter Funds. This is just a mock up though so the image won't likely look exactly like this or even for sure be placed on the back of the unit but we will make it look good, where ever it ends up. These will be Kickstarter and Reaper/Event Exclusives. So be sure to check out campaign if you are interested.

XCase_Reaper.thumb.png.469234fdd60e37d36e61611ef4e9dd9c.png

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, ActiveMindsGames said:

What do you think of this Cool Variant. Talked to Reaper and we are going to make a branded unit if our Kickstarter Funds. This is just a mock up though so the image won't likely look exactly like this or even for sure be placed on the back of the unit but we will make it look good, where ever it ends up. These will be Kickstarter and Reaper/Event Exclusives. So be sure to check out campaign if you are interested.

XCase_Reaper.thumb.png.469234fdd60e37d36e61611ef4e9dd9c.png

Going clear with the Reaper logo makes me want to check and see what a stack of these would look like in a Detolf Case from Ikea...

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Minis would probably look fine in one of those though it will probably take up more room space and be hard to transport your minis in it. :-)

 

The Reaper logo is just an optional (special event) unit, not required, same with the color. Most seem to like the clear units more than the others (produced 3 times as many clear in the original materials and sold out of all but a few) but we do carry the opaque units still and if we fund we will have more of the non branded clear as well.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...