Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

77310, Water Weird

*** I'll be right over! I'm just going to take a drink from the well***

**** AAARRRGGGHHH!!!****

Awesome!

• Haha 2

After receiving an advice on this model, I decided to go ahead and add white foam and seal the water part with a coat of gloss varnish. And, I really like the result. It's simple but help bring out all the details.

1898293412_77310WaterWeird06.JPG.982d10e811df7d7b4c763a85f1f2569e.JPG

338031488_77310WaterWeird07.JPG.17d4b969e06cb7f0f81f046f7a128d0d.JPG

1257936489_77310WaterWeird08.JPG.e4cb4fe1b6cae9f9d7db7b9d9c8f4812.JPG

162575365_77310WaterWeird09.JPG.ba028727b6adbf84cf225306e87f17ec.JPG

1543911788_77310WaterWeird10.JPG.052bc8141dd8a3e3fb992ab4ab02f25a.JPG

• Like 5

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Vilthiss Snake Champion from Mierce's Banelords Range.
      Resin.
      Base is made with a Greenstuffworld Rollerpin some skulls and a few of Ristul's Fantasy Market's resin bugs.

After taking the pics I noticed a little too much purple gums on the upper side of the teeth, it's fixed.

He's part of my Lost World Project which you can find here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=154

This guy has some belts and buckles, If I didn't know better I would suspect it was a Klocke sculpt..

NEW PICS ADDED

Fixed the teeth and added a reflection dot.
      First 5 pics are the new ones.

• By Inarah
      Did a little painting today to calm my nerves before the con.  Experimented with several brands of metallic paint.  Photos are not great, but you get the idea. 

• By GodOfCheese
      I'm painting a mini with a light source, and decided to rebase the beastie with some water effects, probably epoxy resin.  I'll probably try to make the water at least slightly rough, creating interest for the eye.  I woke up in a cold sweat this morning realizing that the light source should be reflected (or possibly just highlighted) in/on the water. 

My initial thought was to:
      lightly (heh) color the bottom of the pool as if it were dry and lit by the light source pour and texture the water highlight the water by drybrushing from the light source out.  
      My concern about this is that if the viewer looks toward the light, the surfaces of any wavelets will be highlighted on the opposite side from the POV.  In other words, the viewer will see the undersides or backsides of any highlights through the translucent wavelets, and this might not look the way the viewer expects.

Has anyone done this?  I looked around for a few examples but although there are plenty of doing wave effects (froth and foam), I haven't found any yet that look like translucent glare.  
    • By stormbreach
      Here is the snake man warrior I finished a few weeks back.  I was having issues with the yellow belly since the paint was very chalky but I did what I could.  I am happy with the shading and tiny reflection on the gem on his bracer, it was my first time doing that, even though it's basically invisible from 3 feet away.  Let me know what you think!

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a great realistic sculpt of a Komodo Dragon, sculpted by our own @TaleSpinner.
      I included it in my Lost World Project WIP here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&page=150&tab=comments#comment-1836397

I used UV Resin Gel from Greenstuffworld to create the water ( my first try for deeper and clear water), made the base with Vallejo Desert Sand Paste, Cork and some milliput.
      Added some fish and seacucumbers/seaweed from Procreate and Milliput, one fish is from Mastercrafted Miniatures and the other two were made with the UV Gel and a Tinyworld Mold.

The Komodo Dragon is an awesome sculpt, it paints itself!
      I looked at reference pics of the real thing.

Enjoy.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 167 Guests (See full list)