MSquared

Galladon Greycloak 03426

It's great! I would maybe try and push the highlights on the beard and cape bit. Open the picture in some photo editing software and try upping the contrast a tiny bit and see what happens. Could also just be the photo. Also, a touch of dirt on the cape to help give it a bit of a lived in feel (always a scary step when you have nice blends already). The grass is especially well done. Did you use a static grass applicator?

• Like 2

Great wizard! I really like the magical effect on the orb. My only advice would be to upload larger pictures if possible. From what I can tell, the way you painted the leather is outstanding. Wish I could get leather to look that realistic. :winkthumbs:

• Like 3

Looks great indeed!

Like the others mentioned, a tad more highlights and I agree on the eyes.

But it looks great already as is.

• Like 1

i agree with the others across the board, but i really like what you've done here. really nice job.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hack Mini Painter said:

It's great! I would maybe try and push the highlights on the beard and cape bit. Open the picture in some photo editing software and try upping the contrast a tiny bit and see what happens. Could also just be the photo. Also, a touch of dirt on the cape to help give it a bit of a lived in feel (always a scary step when you have nice blends already). The grass is especially well done. Did you use a static grass applicator?

Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it!

All great advice.

Its funny, I wanted to put more highlights on just about everything on the miniature.

But was afraid I was going to "mess it up", so I just left the highlight where they are, thanks for that, now I know I need to push past that feeling.

I  really like the idea of adding dirt to the cape, I'm going to give that a try, thanks!

The grass is interesting because, I've wanted to experiment with the whole baking soda for ground cover but, didn't have any.

So, I used some Soft Flake Snow from Woodland Scenics that I had on hand, painted it a dirt color then sprinkled the static grass with my fingertips.

The results are okay, I think I'm just used to seeing the larger pieces for the ground.

Thanks again for the great advice and I'm excited about checking out your blog.

Later. 

18 hours ago, CorallineAlgae said:

Great wizard! I really like the magical effect on the orb. My only advice would be to upload larger pictures if possible. From what I can tell, the way you painted the leather is outstanding. Wish I could get leather to look that realistic. :winkthumbs:

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback.  I start uploading larger images as well.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Iridil said:

Looks great - I would outline the eyes to level up the face.

That's a great idea!  Will do and thanks.

20 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looks great indeed!

Like the others mentioned, a tad more highlights and I agree on the eyes.

But it looks great already as is.

Thank you very much.

19 hours ago, Othikent said:

Very well done!

Thank you I really appreciate it.

15 hours ago, Warlady said:

More highlights on the cloak, but an excellent job.

Great advice and will do, thank you.

12 hours ago, Saul said:

i agree with the others across the board, but i really like what you've done here. really nice job.

Thank you for your input, I really appreciate your feedback.

• Like 4