starwarsgeek

ReaperCon '18 swag bag *online version*

1 hour ago, Clearman said:

Agreed.  I've also been told I can be a little obsessive with it comes to being a completionist.  Got to have all the colors and the exclusives.  Still bugs me that I haven't been able to get track down all the Heavy Gear Blitz colors.

cough Game Kastle cough

::D:

(thou it was awhile ago when I seen them there)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Being in Western Canada it could be weeks before I know if I received the correct paint.

Fingers crossed I did or that there will still be paint available for exchange if I don’t.

One would hope that it would still be possible...  Mine apparently recently had the tracking change to a tentative delivery on Thursday, but I also had DDS2 in that same box, which may have affected the speed it travels at.  Mine apparently cleared customs through Toronto this time o_O

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Being in Western Canada it could be weeks before I know if I received the correct paint.

Fingers crossed I did or that there will still be paint available for exchange if I don’t.

Is it really going to take that long? :unsure:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Customs can be highly variable.  Now you understand why some people in the Vancouver area get PO boxes in, say, Blaine.  Reduced shipping costs plus less hassle with customs.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hungerfan said:

They gave a set or two of those away a few years back.  I believe that was the set @Harrek won in the raffle and since he owned it did a round robin giveaway for everyone at the table.  I got a red and blue from it if I recall.

You remember correctly.  That was the set I won and did a round robin pick with the table as I had them already.

• Like 5

39 minutes ago, HolkDiggity said:

Longshot, but can I buy the 2017 ReaperCon triad?

They had them at Origins and ReaperCon, so maybe.. but probably not through the store

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

They had them at Origins and ReaperCon, so maybe.. but probably not through the store

Also thought I saw them in the Reaper local store on the rack.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

It could.

While I have had quicker shipments from Reaper, 3-4 weeks is not uncommon. Longest was closer to 8weeks, but that’s pretty rare. I’ve only had 1 shipment go missing completely.

• Like 7

Well balls. Mine listed as just getting to customs; it took a while to leave Texas (got postage almost instantly though). I guess I'll find out soon enough. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, haldir said:

cough Game Kastle cough

::D:

(thou it was awhile ago when I seen them there)

Yep.  Much if what I have came from them, but haven't checked in a while. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

For me, it's usually only 1-2 weeks for most things from the US, but such of course depends on CanadaPost being good and whatnot. 

Typically if I order on a Thursday, even with free shipping of a small box from Reaper I'm looking at having it in my paws on Thurs OR Fri of the next week.... But at the same time, Edmonton doesn't have anywhere near the amount of sorting hubs that the GVR has. 

I also make use of FlexDelivery which seems to help with the speed, partially because they send a truck at least twice a day to my local post office... 

Oh, and if you go with the free shipping, you will see gaps at times for a few business days in the tracking, as CanadaPost will do the clearing thing, then most of the time not scan it before putting it in the "it goes to this city" bin.  My packages usually don't get tracking in between Ontario and Edmonton, and 2-3 business days after its scanned in Ontario as cleared customs it's being scanned as in Edmonton. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

If you're a fan of exclusive paint colors then the swag bag is the only way to get the ReaperCon colors.  Sometimes they're just novel, but sometimes it seems like everyone is suddenly using an exclusive color that you can't buy.  

I actually kind of hate exclusive colours, because if I find myself liking them and using them a lot, I know I'll never be able to replenish them if I need them again.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Clearman said:

Agreed.  I've also been told I can be a little obsessive with it comes to being a completionist.  Got to have all the colors and the exclusives.  Still bugs me that I haven't been able to get track down all the Heavy Gear Blitz colors.

You know you could also go to the source at Dream Pod 9's website (you know, the guys that created Heavy Gear) and get the whole box set.

It's what I did last year, even though the price is at full retail.

It also makes me curious about the shipping times from Canada to the US instead of vice-versa (which usually takes a 7-10 days for me with Reaper orders).

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3