starwarsgeek

ReaperCon '18 swag bag *online version*

My tracking number is from the USPS and it's also working (although no details yet) in Canada Post's tracking system (meaning they're aware it's coming to them).

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

You know you could also go to the source at Dream Pod 9's website (you know, the guys that created Heavy Gear) and get the whole box set.

It's what I did last year, even though the price is at full retail.

It also makes me curious about the shipping times from Canada to the US instead of vice-versa (which usually takes a 7-10 days for me with Reaper orders).

As a heads up, last time I checked there was only like one set of paint available from them directly.  Was contemplating picking up stuff for myself and hubby, and cart threw errors if you had more than one in it. 

I never did get the Heavy Gear starter I was thinking of, partially due to cost, partially due to omg so many bits. 

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

To all the Canadian forumites, did all of your swag bags get shipped by USPS? I got two, and it was sent by UPS. Had to pay some import fees, just as a heads up.

Mine was shipped USPS. 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 4

On 9/10/2018 at 6:45 PM, ReaperAHawk said:

Okay, so here's our "official" response:

Whoops!

We were in such a post-ReaperCon rush mode that when we grabbed the tub of triad paints for the Swag Bag, we grabbed the wrong tub. Which happened to be a tub with 2017 leftovers - which is unusual, as we rarely have leftover paints from any ReaperCons.

Oopsie.

Sorry. We'd never pull a bait-and-switch on you guys. This was just an honest mistake.

So, if you are one of the unfortunate few who got the 2017 Triad, just contact help@reapermini.com and let Customer Support know you would like to get the 2018 Triad. We'll send those out at no charge. And you can keep the 2017 as a "We're Sorry!" bonus.

Note to all you greedy little goblins out there: you'll need to supply your order number on the invoice that your Swag Bag came with. 

Tricksy hobbits.

Does that mean that there's a way - *any* way - that I could get a set of the 2017 triad?? My swag bag contained the correct paints from 2018 but I'd love to get a set of last year's as well. I'd be happy to pay for them, just to have them...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, starwarsgeek said:

Does that mean that there's a way - *any* way - that I could get a set of the 2017 triad?? My swag bag contained the correct paints from 2018 but I'd love to get a set of last year's as well. I'd be happy to pay for them, just to have them...

Sorry, no.

They were all used up in the bag snafu.

• Like 3

My replacement triad was shipped USPS. They claim it was delivered yesterday, but nothing was in my mailbox...

Called them up to find package, and they say that it 'should' be delivered today, but offered no explanation as to why it was marked as delivered (this is, sadly, an ongoing issue here).

Edited by IgwanaRob
new info
  • Sad 1

On 9/14/2018 at 8:27 AM, IgwanaRob said:

My replacement triad was shipped USPS. They claim it was delivered yesterday, but nothing was in my mailbox...

Called them up to find package, and they say that it 'should' be delivered today, but offered no explanation as to why it was marked as delivered (this is, sadly, an ongoing issue here).

The USPS does this thing where they deliver to your local PO, and mark it as "delivered", when it is really just a drop off to the local station. They have a name for it, I can't remember exactly what they call it.  But yeah, very frustrating when that happens. They do it around here, too.  Do you live in a rural area?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Inarah said:

The USPS does this thing where they deliver to your local PO, and mark it as "delivered", when it is really just a drop off to the local station. They have a name for it, I can't remember exactly what they call it.  But yeah, very frustrating when that happens. They do it around here, too.  Do you live in a rural area?

I need to bother my dad on this. His address is weird to deliver to, and I have a KS item that shows as delivered to him but he hasn't found it yet. It probably is at the post office. Bah. 

Anyway, my swag bag arrived fine. It didn't deliver to my door, but they tried while I was out. I picked it up at the post office inside of a 7-11 a few blocks away. Did not have to pay customs stuff

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

I need to bother my dad on this. His address is weird to deliver to, and I have a KS item that shows as delivered to him but he hasn't found it yet. It probably is at the post office. Bah. 

Anyway, my swag bag arrived fine. It didn't deliver to my door, but they tried while I was out. I picked it up at the post office inside of a 7-11 a few blocks away. Did not have to pay customs stuff

Post office in a 7-11!? Where in Canada are you? I want a post office in my 7-11! :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Anyway, my swag bag arrived fine.

When did you place order?

Canada post tracking says my expected delivery date is still 7 days away.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

When did you place order?

Canada post tracking says my expected delivery date is still 7 days away.

First round of swag bags going up online. It went USPS to Canada Post. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

First round of swag bags going up online. It went USPS to Canada Post. 

Ah. Okay.

I didn’t have my usual good luck this year and didn’t get in until the very final round of swag bags.

• Like 1