Desk Lamp?

Entola

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what your budget is, but I like my

> Brightech LightView PRO LED Magnifying Lamp - Full Spectrum Daylight Bright Magnifier Glass Lighted Lens - Adjustable Swivel Arm Utility Clamp Light for Desk Table Task Craft or Work Bench - White

It takes up about 4 sq in of desk space on a corner and I can swing it between 2 desks.

Also I've been trying to match the color temperature of all the lights in the room to the 5000-6000K range. Mostly for when I was streaming before, but it probably helps with painting too.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Same here!

As my eyes get older my lighting needs get brighter ^_^. I really like my overhead LED bulbs.  You can use existing electronic ballast fluorescent fixtures (you can use the magnetic ballast fixtures too but you need some electrical skills to bypass the ballast in the fixture.) The bulbs are about $10 each but my oldest is now 4 years old with no light diminishment so it beats the cost  of replacing flouresescents every 2 years or so.  Best part is it doesn't take up any desk space.  Down side is the lack of portability of course...  

I was also impressed at reapercon with the light panels and have considered them for travel and for gaming because it's slowly becoming harder to read the small print of rule books in the light of a tavern or even some game shops.  I may pick up one or 2 of the L11T6 fixtures just to play with.  It is definitely one of those hidden cost things though.  What starts as a 25 dollar light quickly becomes a 89 dollar fixture when you assemble all the fixtures

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

For those of you with an IKEA near enough,  you might consider this (these):

image.png.ffd9805d609bb5a0cc1d180536f829de.png

It is a JANSJÖ LED work lamp for $12.99.  I now have four of them as spotlights on my workbench.

I have three area lights -- lights that illuminate my entire work area, two to the left and one to the right.  Then I have an array of three (now four) of the above that I can manipulate to spotlight the exact area(s) than I want revealed with light roughly equivalent to full outdoor sunlight.  They really help when I need to illuminate something under a magnifying glass.

• Thanks 2

Thanks for the brilliant advice!

(pun intended...)

the  5000K "daylight" 100W equivalent LED bulb suggestion works GREAT in my old desk lamps!

I have one on each side of me,

and i went from straining to see the details to painting relaxed again!

(the joys of middle aged eyes!)

• Like 1