Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I just love this little guy!! I've been on a 'woodland critter' kick for a bit, and I'm so glad to have finished this guy. I'm working on a diorama for Reapercon, so that's why he doesn't appear to be based.
Let me know what you think! C&C is always welcome and appreciated!
I sort of fell off the WIP thread because life made this take longer than I had originally intended. The minis are by Bombshell, and I have to say that they were a pleasure to paint. I will be picking up a few more at ReaperCon, for sure.
The scenery is by Secret Weapon, Shadow's Edge, and Woodland Scenics. The base is from a cheap 3 pack from Michael's. All paint is from Reaper.
I'll probably end up staining or painting the base, but I haven't yet decided which way to go with it.
It feels really good to finish something for the MSPOpen. In hindsight, I probably should've started with something smaller, and worked my way up to this, but meh. I'm pretty proud of this.
Well its time to start planning for CAV-CON 2019 and while we work on updating the web site (www.cav-con.com), I wanted to share with you some of the events we have planned this year!
All CAV-CON 2019 events are FREE, though some may have a limit to the number of participants allowed.
Paid admission to ReaperCon is required.
- Group Painting sessions allowing our staff painters and some great fans out there to help improve your painting techniques!
- Open Gaming every day from open to close! We will have some great boards set up for you to try your luck!
- Lots of Learn-To-Play/Demos of CAV: Strike Operations throughout the show!
- An exclusive Learn-To-Paint CAV table! Grab a FREE mini, some paint and a brush and show us what you got! Keep the mini when your done!
- Our first Warmaster (Mini)Tournament on Friday!
- 2019 First Strike Tournament sponsored by Talon Games! The CAV-CON First Strike Tournament for 2019 will allow 16 players to match their wits and skill against one another in a full day (Saturday) of gaming and comradery.
The tournament is a Level II, Silver-Tier event allowing for CAV and vehicle models. Rules and info can be downloaded here: http://www.talon-games.com/downloads/FIRSTSTRIKE2019.pdf
- Painting Contest! Talon Games will be sponsoring a series of awards for those entries featuring one or more CAV models (see categories below) in the ReaperCon Master Series Paint Open. For more information on the MSP "Rules," go to: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/23-reapercon/
- Best Individual CAV Model: Any single-model figure.
- Best CAV "Squad": This category allows for multiple models (minimum four models) as part of a cohesive unit.
- Best CAV Diorama: This category covers models with a scenic base where the entry is telling a story to the viewer and may include multiple models.
- Talon Games will be there in the Vendor Room with lots of cool CAV stuff and will be releasing the 2019 Special Edition CAV-CON metal miniature at the show!
- An exclusive 2019 CAV-CON T-Shirt!!! (I wonder what color it is this year???)
- And MUCH, MUCH more! Keep an eye here and www.cav-con.com for future details as they are available!
Who's Online 10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)