Brutus the Boxer. Glitterwolf's Pet

Glitterwolf

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Kangaroorex said:

Here's to hoping its just a Polyp or something absolutely benign and easily dealt with.  he sounds like a wonderful pet

Thank you.

He is.

I have had Boxer dogs since I was 5 yrs old.

First one while I lived with my parents, then Balthar, then Odin and now Brutus.

My parents had two more themselves, one only reached 7 months due to a birth defect, all others reached the age of 10 and my Balthar even reached 11 years and 3 months.

I loved them all, they're still in my heart and memory, but Brutus is the sweetest one of them all.

He's so loveable and mellow, loves to cuddle and play and is just the most innocent 37 kilos of muscle I ever saw.

Just a few days ago I returned home with him from walkies when a little girl saw him, just rushed up to him and without even asking said, "good dog" and petted him.

Brutus just stopped walking and let her.

These girls are neigbourhood children and they often pet Brutus when he walks by or when he's in the garden, they turn up at the fence and then he walks to them to greet them.

He even just give them a high five when they ask for it.

He just loves everybody.

I so hope it's all innocent, he's 7 yrs old will turn 8 in January, he's too young for the bad stuff, I might be overconcerned but I just don't want to miss him yet.

If he reaches 10 or up ( hopefully) I can have peace with it because that's a normal age.

I will still be devastated then, always am when it's time, but at least it's a respectable age for a Boxer, 7 is too young, I really hope the VET's instincts are right.

He's a good guy, I trust him completely.

I'm also concerned that the real surgery with complete anasthesia will be a bigger risk because of the position of his intestines who are in his chest and even around his heart.

It's a birthdefect he's had no problems from it and he's been in surgery before, but at that time we didn't know.

Now we do and now it's a different feeling.

Thanks everyone for your concerns and sympathy.

I'll let you know what the results are when I get them.

Here he is with his girl Senna ( My girl's father's Labrador)

IMG-20200924-WA0001.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Here's our patient,

Had the staples removed yesterday, so actually the bandage is now gone. ( yup they stapled that bandage)

Now waiting for the test results, it will be 7 or 10 days before we're certain about things.

IMG-20201006-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 11

Well the relief is gone for now.

Brutus is feeling sick today, he skipped his breakfast which is not that alarming in itself, but he's very slow.

He wants to sleep, he even refused a slice of apple which is normally his favorite.

We're watching him closely.

It's Sunday today, if he doesn't improve I will call the Vet tomorrow.

• Sad 11

Went to the Vet.

Checked for fever - no fever.

Took a picture of prostate and examined that - seems to look reasonable, not decisive yet

Blood and Urine sample taken and sent to lab.

We will hear end of today or tomorrow.

Could be a lot of things.

At least he assured me that Brutus can go without food for 4 days without a problem, and he isn't dehydrated.

Brutus has started to drink a little better now.

Still not eating though and sleeps a lot.

So..waiting and being afraid..

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Possibly a dental issue? might be worth blending some wet food for him and seeing if that makes any difference

(I've got to do that for my cat Tommy now, he really needs a dental but his kidneys are too far gone to allow that so blended food it is otherwise it hurts him to eat so he doesn't. His favourite is blended chicken livers, and yes they are as revolting as it sounds)

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Possibly a dental issue? might be worth blending some wet food for him and seeing if that makes any difference

(I've got to do that for my cat Tommy now, he really needs a dental but his kidneys are too far gone to allow that so blended food it is otherwise it hurts him to eat so he doesn't. His favourite is blended chicken livers, and yes they are as revolting as it sounds)

I tried, no luck.

His teeth are fine.

Waiting for results of blood and urine tests.

Hopefully today, maybe tomorrow...

• Like 7