Last year @Beagle started a Candy Exchange between UK and US/ROW people.

I also participated and traded a few boxes of Dutch candy and cookies with some overseas friends.

Link to last years fun.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77722-sweetcandy-exchange/&tab=comments#comment-1645427

I alread know that @redambrosia wants to take part in an exchange and am willing to send her a Dutch box and in return get some yummie US candy.

Now I noticed there are more people who like the idea.

If anyone else wants to join in let me know.

We will have to keep it limited to a few exchange partners per person or one could be sending out a lot of boxes.

Costs could get too high then.

I'm willing to go as far as three counterparts.

Any EU/UK people who want to join in to change yummies with the poor colonials?

Any US/Canadian etc who wants to receive real yummies and send out yours to us poor starving people?

State your preferences when participating.

Adresses per PM.

Keep it fun!

Let me know.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

I'm totally up for this ::D: We have some really odd sweeties here in Scotland that I'd love to inflict....um....introduce to the world.

Unfortunately, I would have to ask that anyone sending me stuff made sure that there was no cochineal, carmine or gelatin in the candy. I'm one of those silly vegetarians and all of those things are animal/bug in origin :down: my housemate would just eat it instead.

I have no problem sending that kinda stuff to other people though :poke:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kuroneko said:

I'm totally up for this ::D: We have some really odd sweeties here in Scotland that I'd love to inflict....um....introduce to the world.

Unfortunately, I would have to ask that anyone sending me stuff made sure that there was no cochineal, carmine or gelatin in the candy. I'm one of those silly vegetarians and all of those things are animal/bug in origin :down: my housemate would just eat it instead.

I have no problem sending that kinda stuff to other people though :poke:

So chocolate is out too? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

So chocolate is out too? 

Oops, sorry, I should've been more specific. I'm vegetarian, not vegan :D I don't eat anything that you gotta kill an animal to get.

Absolutely fine with dairy, eggs, honey etc. Gelatin is made from bones and is used as a cheap binding agent in some foods. Cochineal/carmine is made from crushed bugs and is used as red food colouring. It was a dark day when I realised I couldn't eat marshmallows anymore :blink:

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 2

Right now we have on the EU/ Uk side:

Glitterwolf ( Me)

@SisterMaryNapalm around Christmas time!!! ( he is on a long trip right now, but around that time German candy is abundant)

@Kuroneko

US/Overseas Side:

@LittleBluberry

@Kangaroorex

@redambrosia

Right now us EU/UK guys could each take one US/Overseas counterpart and exchange a candy box with that person.

At this moment I already promised to trade with @redambrosia!

So if @Kangaroorexand @LittleBluberrycan decide who they want to be teamed up with then we can start with this.

Keep in mind @SisterMaryNapalmwill be around later but it will certainly be good around christmas time!

If more people show up, we will have to see how to deal with this.

I for one am willing to trade with up to three people.

So if any of you want more than one exchange that is entirely possible with me.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

@Kuroneko are you willing to partner up with the stripey Kangaroo?  I like the challenge and most of what I had in mind in sure meets vegetarian.  The rest may or I will find an alternative ::):.

Looking forward to it 

Roo

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

@Kuroneko are you willing to partner up with the stripey Kangaroo?  I like the challenge and most of what I had in mind in sure meets vegetarian.  The rest may or I will find an alternative ::):.

I'm totally okay with trading with a stripey kangaroo :poke: Even if they look more like a dragon in their profile pic.....

1 hour ago, Kangaroorex said:

@Kuroneko. Do you have any favorites from the colonies or things you would like to try?

I don't really know much about American candies, so I'm up for trying anything :D Well, maybe apart from alcohol flavoured stuff.

Is there anything that you're interested in? I've heard that our chocolate is wildly different from yours, also there's an olde style sweet shop in my area that I can get some good Scottish stuff like toffees, hard boiled sweets and sherbet. 

This should be educational- I was reading last years thread and was quite surprised that jelly babies didn't  make it across the Atlantic :blink: 

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, LittleBluberry said:

I can be very flexible, life is too short to stress about candy!  ::D:

So you team up with @SisterMaryNapalm !

This means wait a little longer.

But I'm pretty sure it will be worth the wait.

So any more people want in?