Sirithiliel

Siri Tries to Sculpt

Added lower jaw, the ‘bulbs' where his head fins and ears will be, and anchored in wire for his horns

if he kind of resembles a pelican from the front, then i'm doing it right!

6622CD08-0076-4AFC-AFEB-35A6DC3204CC.jpeg

ECF575E0-ED46-4CFB-A905-7D959AEC368A.jpeg

DF749BA1-BF6D-43D8-8FF5-C036A18EB0C3.jpeg

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 12

The skull is looking pretty good.  Pay attention to your bi-lateral symmetry; the right and left are looking good on their own, but they aren't quite matching from side to side.  A mistake on that now could cause it to look subtly off down the line.

That said, it is all coming together nicely.

• Like 9

yea his brow ridges are slightly askew and the nares are uneven, but, i plan to sculpt nostrils so that will correct the nares and i can chalk up the brow ridge variation to personality or something if i can't fix it with the skin layer 

• Like 5

Sculpted in his throat pouch (which is apparently called a 'gular' in pelicans), added the head fins and applied putty to his horns, and stuckeyes in his eye sockets. He just needs his back fin and i need to thicken the neck on the sides a bit, then I think he's ready for a skin layer

Step4 (1).JPG

Step4 (2).JPG

Step4 (3).JPG

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 16

Wow...he's coming together nicely so far, Siri. 

Is the lean to the left on the front view intentional or accidental?  Given the sinuous nature of a long dragon neck, I think it gives him some personality. 

• Like 2

You've got a great structure going. In the last picture (the dragons left side) the neck seems to have an unnatural dip in it right where the gular meets the throat. You can most likely remedy this in further layers but I thought I'd point it out in case you missed it. 

Looking good so far, can't wait to see how you handle the skin layer!

• Like 4