Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Ultimate Gaming Tables: GameChanger - Game Tables and Table Toppers

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/972632882/gamechanger-game-tables-and-table-toppers?ref=discovery

About

87c6bf65bb38e487e6790fbaac81a547_origina

This Kickstarter ships to the contiguous 48 States in the US.

FIND US AT www.UltimateGameTable.com  

Behold, legions of tabletop gamers! The GameChanger Game Tables and Table Toppers have arrived! Amazing features, accessories and expandability make this the gaming table we all have been waiting for. The GameChanger allows you to play your games, your way. We create unmatched gaming table systems and accessories, then deliver them right to your door.  

7003dad5115c579bfdcc67541cf1db03_origina
634a27e851cb7a8fc7bf735e67b07ceb_origina
6ec85d6345909525715004a8d9706f6f_origina

Our #Goals

Our goal for this Kickstarter was to create a line of beautifully-designed and durable game tables and table toppers and to do it at an affordable price point.. Quality products made from Baltic birch, packaged and protected to survive the trip to your home, are not cheap. But we knew we had to try...and we succeeded. The result is the GameChanger Series you see here! We have risen to the challenge: A game table for every gamer's home. 

We are already leaders in the game table industry. We know what gamers want, and we know how to deliver. Join us!

eeb063ca2ff3133c1161590485aee0e4_origina
e698785a009f210dda1f8aff829a0d34_origina
e5c87a3a2f27231797d5d1ddc594abcd_origina

We've never been ones to back down from a challenge, so we went back to the drawing board with a clean sheet of paper.  The tables and toppers had to be strong, use high quality materials, and focus on game play. There had to be a system of accessories that allowed you to create the exact custom experience that you desire. Finally it had to be innovative and fun. 

I was excited when I got the announcement, but $459 for basically a 4x4 Ikea table and no play mat or accessories makes me want to build one on my own too.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SamuraiJack said:

I was excited when I got the announcement, but $459 for basically a 4x4 Ikea table and no play mat or accessories makes me want to build one on my own too.

My custom built 4x6 mini gaming table using cabinets cost me around $600 or so, once all the materials were totaled up.  My time/labor at $10/hr would probably triple that cost. 

If you have the skills and resources to build your own table, it will certainly be more affordable. Especially if you can start by hacking an existing piece of furniture. 

I've found some IKEA hacks using $150 and $200 tables so far..  then of course there's the $150 make it from scratch blog, but my OCD would require it to be over finished..

$460 for a 4' x 4' assembled pub table isn't out of line, but then I add on coffee table height legs separate, game mat separate, dining cover separate, cup holders, etc..  and I have to put it together myself.. it just moves it past my laziness vs wallet tipping point

Such a pity something so nice is restricted to lower 48 only.  No international. 

Then again, I can't afford it atm, so.... :p

My wargaming solution has and always will be to get a decent sheet of wood cut down to a little more than 6*4, and throw it on top of an existing sturdy table. Less than $50. No need for anything fancier. It gets topped with a mat and or terrain boards anyway.