01610 Dain Deepaxe (Duergar)

xandizzle

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks great. I recently painted that figure too so I have to ask, how did you paint the torso, specifically under the arms? I assume you assembled it after you painted, I couldn't figure out the details at all so I just used a black wash on the section and called it a day.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rat13 said:

This looks great. I recently painted that figure too so I have to ask, how did you paint the torso, specifically under the arms? I assume you assembled it after you painted, I couldn't figure out the details at all so I just used a black wash on the section and called it a day.

I mostly painted the body before assembly, which was a headache in and of itself.  After attaching the arms, there was a good deal of chipping, and I had to re-prime and re-paint a lot of the surface; for the undersides I kept everything really dark like you did, in an attempt to avoid drawing the eye to them.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, xandizzle said:

for the undersides I kept everything really dark like you did, in an attempt to avoid drawing the eye to them.  

Good to know it wasn't just me. I honestly stared at those sides longer than I should admit to just trying to figure out how to paint them.