Sign in to follow this  
xandizzle

01610 Dain Deepaxe (Duergar)

He looks evil just as it should. You did a great job with the limited palette of color.

Also, that model really rocks.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 1

This looks great. I recently painted that figure too so I have to ask, how did you paint the torso, specifically under the arms? I assume you assembled it after you painted, I couldn't figure out the details at all so I just used a black wash on the section and called it a day.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rat13 said:

This looks great. I recently painted that figure too so I have to ask, how did you paint the torso, specifically under the arms? I assume you assembled it after you painted, I couldn't figure out the details at all so I just used a black wash on the section and called it a day.

I mostly painted the body before assembly, which was a headache in and of itself.  After attaching the arms, there was a good deal of chipping, and I had to re-prime and re-paint a lot of the surface; for the undersides I kept everything really dark like you did, in an attempt to avoid drawing the eye to them.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, xandizzle said:

for the undersides I kept everything really dark like you did, in an attempt to avoid drawing the eye to them.  

Good to know it wasn't just me. I honestly stared at those sides longer than I should admit to just trying to figure out how to paint them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pineapple
      Pulled this guy out of the current round of the Box of Goodwill and painted him up over the course of two evenings. 

I apologize for the low quality photos, but I've had such low drive to get pictures taken lately that I just wanted to break the ice and get the ball rolling.
    • By Mocha
      Hi folks!

Today I started painting #03836 "Jakob Janssen, Monk" for our friend Jakob. Sending him some good vibes during this time and excited to finish this and ship it his way! I started with skintones and I'm currently working on painting him with a big ol' George Clooney smile  

I want to finalize my color scheme but I'm really struggling! Many great painters have already posted photos of their version of this mini and I want to do something different than what's already been done. Here are the three I'm considering:

The traditional Shaolin monk color scheme Iron Fist (Marvel) color scheme? (green & yellow) Halfling Monk (Pathfinder) color scheme? (green, red/orange, yellow with freehand insanity) Others??  
      HALP! The more options I research, the less decisive I get. Going to check back in tonight to see what folks think since I'll need to decide before my livestream tomorrow morning. At the end of the day, no matter what color scheme I choose, I'll do my absolute best to make sure it's something that will hopefully bring @JakobJanssen some creative joy   I'll check back in soon. Thanks in advance for your thoughts & suggestions!! 

--Mocha

• By Neptune1999
      Sandra Garrity makes some of my favorite Dwarves, and the detail on this one stood out. It doesn't show up much in the picture, but there are some Norse Futhark runes on the blade of the sword in blue that only appear if I rotate the figure 45% left or right. Also, I love dwarves in green. 

• By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 

• By Dan S
      Apologies that this one isn't Reaper, but I am super stoked with how it turned out and really wanted to share.

I recently started experimenting with glazing, an old and popular technique I have been aware of for years but had never really given much thought to or attempted.  It was like unlocking an ancient magic, I cant believe the difference such a subtle technique has made to my miniatures.  After achieving some promising results on a batch of halflings I recently painted, I decided to experiment some more on a slightly larger model, a 3D printed bust I'd picked up on Ebay (I believe it is by a company called Tytantroll Miniatures).  

Anyway I just wanted to share.  Glazing has been a revelation to me, and it just goes to show that it sometimes pays to step away from your comfort zone and try new things.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)