Sign in to follow this  
xandizzle

01610 Dain Deepaxe (Duergar)

He looks evil just as it should. You did a great job with the limited palette of color.

Also, that model really rocks.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 1

This looks great. I recently painted that figure too so I have to ask, how did you paint the torso, specifically under the arms? I assume you assembled it after you painted, I couldn't figure out the details at all so I just used a black wash on the section and called it a day.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Rat13 said:

This looks great. I recently painted that figure too so I have to ask, how did you paint the torso, specifically under the arms? I assume you assembled it after you painted, I couldn't figure out the details at all so I just used a black wash on the section and called it a day.

I mostly painted the body before assembly, which was a headache in and of itself.  After attaching the arms, there was a good deal of chipping, and I had to re-prime and re-paint a lot of the surface; for the undersides I kept everything really dark like you did, in an attempt to avoid drawing the eye to them.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, xandizzle said:

for the undersides I kept everything really dark like you did, in an attempt to avoid drawing the eye to them.  

Good to know it wasn't just me. I honestly stared at those sides longer than I should admit to just trying to figure out how to paint them.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this