Crowley

Crowley's Dancing Girl

I could have sworn I'd started a topic for her... I guess I only did it in blog posts... 

Ah well... Here you go, from my blog way back in May!

Of all the various monsters in my collection, I don't have anything to represent a genie. And of the various minis out there that are sold as Jinn/Genies, I'm not super thrilled with any of them. So in my last Reaper order I added in one of the Dancing Girl minis, picturing her something more like Jeannie, rather than one of the more authentic portrayals of Jinn. The other reason I picked this particular sculpt is that I'll be getting another one in Bones with Bones 4, and I want to take that one and make her lower half smoke coming out of a lamp. 

Bones%2B4%2Bdancing%2Bgirl.png

I still need to sculpt an appropriate lamp for both of them... 

For now though, just need to get her painted. I was very inspired by the painted version on the webstore.

03767_p_1_rb.jpg

I decided to do something very similar. After washing her, and attaching her to a Reaper base, I added some ground cover, and then primed her with Reaper's brush on primer. I used Viper Green for the skirt and top, and Imperial Purple as the base for the scarves. Deciding that was too dark, I went back over it mixing in Breast Cancer Awareness Pink with the purple, and like that color better. 

_20180520_215534.JPG

_20180520_215546.JPG

Her skin was based with Ebony Flesh, and I worked it up layer by layer with increasing amounts of Rich Leather. Her cheeks and lips have a bit of Old West Rose mixed in, and then I hit her elbows and nose with the same color. Her eyes and eye shadow are the same purple mix as the veils. I'm not entirely thrilled with the pupil placement, so I think I'm going to try to fix that next time I sit down. 

_20180520_215603.JPG

_20180520_215619.JPG

My plan going forward is to bring up the skin color using the dark skin triad, with rich leather, maybe including some polished leather for the very brightest highlights? The skin tone I'm attempting to match is pretty much that of Lupita Nyong'o. We'll see if I can make it happen.

Lupita%2BNyongo.jpg

Edited by Crowley
  • Like 12

And here's the post from June...

I’ve mostly ignored her for the past month, letting other projects clutter up my work tray. But as they’ve thinned out, I’m trying to once again leave it clearer and get back to her. After several thin coats of increasingly more Dark Highlights, until it was pure Dark Highlights, I then looked at my options for making it brighter. Initially I was thinking about a leather color, but instead opted for Tanned Flesh.

_20180520_215534.JPG

_20180520_215546.JPG

_20180520_215603.JPG

_20180520_215619.JPG

I’m going to be honest here, that was as much because it was already on my tray, and I have 3 bottles of it, as it was a decision I spent much time thinking about. I might add in a bit of Old West Rose going forward. Just a drop to give it a bit more warmth.

_20180625_210911.JPG

I’m still pretty pleased with her face, but I think I’m going to try to add a bit of eyeliner to her along the bottom of her eye, sharpen the divide between eyeball and skin. Also, she needs some lipstick and finger nail polish.

_20180625_210947.JPG

Still very much a work in progress, but I'm more and more pleased with her.

• Like 11

Very nice!

The skin tone of the model you posted is a difficult one to reproduce.

• Thanks 1