Now that's a manly looking man!

He's going to chop up those Xenos in tiny pieces while reading his newspaper at the same time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Now that's a manly looking man!

He's going to chop up those Xenos in tiny pieces while reading his newspaper at the same time.

Agreed, and even though I dislike the scions I just couldn't resist that head. When I first saw it I knew I was going to use it on my commander. So now instead of a regular model all I see is one made to look like The Rupert from the all guard party.

Though it may not be for everyone I found this series to be a great source of inspiration while building my Cadian army. Since the original posting of these stories comes from 4chan, viewer discretion goes without saying. 

https://youtu.be/1pU62-Ex1cU

• Like 4

My army still isn't "finished" and I have many unpainted squads to prove it but I did find the time to rectify a mistake I made awhile back. My commander is based off The Rupert from the "All Guard Party" and like any good gentleman officer he has a valet/batman. My commander however did not have a manservant, until now that is. So without further ado I present The Rupert with his trusty aide.20190517_191846.thumb.jpg.29df8ca06f1eb5c4200892b16980def6.jpg20190517_191858.thumb.jpg.6e19871e7148368182965b0468198a50.jpg

This may also count as my first Bones IV figure depending on your outlook, as the tray comes from either Sophie or the taverngirl.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

That just seems so......  Proper...  in the trenches.  Sit down for a mug of tea while everyone else is fighting off innumerable hordes! ^_^

...Sure beats those silly Catachans, who'd be all "JEEZ, if you wanted my sandwich that much fiiiine, have it!!" They seem the type to stuff the other half of the sandwich into a termagant's face alongside a bolter shell, take the remains of said sandwich back, and then finish it...

Love the extra little bit ^_^

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Haha 3

Just a few quick pieces today. I'll admit I've been playing video games way too much lately. Usually I paint to unwind but I used to game quite a bit and I guess you never really kick the habit. Oh well maybe rest was needed; here's what I've been up to when I have managed to put the controller down.

My valet/batman was based but is still awaiting his coat of sealant.20190522_010356.thumb.jpg.660af115d3f06f782d71b90f7c9c75db.jpg

I wrote up another magnet for the fridge, which I'm really excited to see how long it takes my wife to notice. That's really the whole point of making these things anyway.20190522_005805.thumb.jpg.cdbdcaf06cd5db7220f43752f8ed47e9.jpg

I also managed to make a barricade/firing line for my "Fabulous" squad.20190522_005825.thumb.jpg.874827b51f328b708e04c2a509995e9d.jpg20190522_005843.thumb.jpg.bd71302c6c1f15f0ea0f7e4c75bc8a9c.jpg20190522_005956.thumb.jpg.ce864d78392f95ee063aa5634e8b4e83.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

The battlefield will never be the same from now on...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The battlefield will never be the same from now on...

Exactly, as Nathan Lane said, "One does want a hint of color."

• Haha 4

With my "box of shame" project approaching completion I figured it was time to start thinking about what I'd work on next. Seeing as I'm still fielding only a 3/4th painted force every game I guess it's time to finish up some more batches of Guardsmen. The first step was figuring out what I already had though, which meant I had to pull it all out.20190808_215220.thumb.jpg.949c177865ee8669b1b6980d97b8c3fe.jpg

Believe it or not that's only ninety miniatures (including vehicles).

Next I made an attempt to figure out what I actually need to paint to field one of my typical forces (I rarely ever take more than six standard infantry squads). I really do need to work on my spamming, I mean I do play Guard for Pete's sakes. Please forgive my handwriting as I was just doing some quick notes before an opponent arrived at the local shop.20190816_232753.thumb.jpg.a2fdee8637d4673ca332cccedb15f3ba.jpg

Once I had actual numbers on what I still need you'd think I'd get to work on that but you'd be wrong. Instead I got completely sidetracked and began work on some psykers (decided it was finally time to bite the bullet and add some cheese to my army). Now in a normal list you'd probably never need more than one of these fancy psykers, so I went ahead and painted three. One is completely finished minus it's base while the other two still need a wash. 20190816_232338.thumb.jpg.ec28918bdb3de0bbe2f39ae1576237fc.jpg20190816_232354.thumb.jpg.bebc00f4e188d014c360c64668d13ffb.jpg

20190816_232412.thumb.jpg.46b72722c10af65cfd600e58c2b0c810.jpg

Now its just a matter of finishing the other project before I start painting 45 Guardsmen. I'm really not liking that number now that I see it.

• Like 8

Welcome to the world of being a Guard player... ^_^

IG: Ohh, it's "only" x amount of minis

Space Marine player: what do you mean, "only"???  Just setting up you've taken half the table, and we're playing a 1500 point game! 

Or things like you set things up to take a group shot, and it takes up most of the table.... And only half your force is out... 

On the other paw, we sure do get some nice toys to play with... 

• Like 4

Yeah you get initiated to the Guard pretty quick @WhiteWulfe. I have to show up a half hour early to any game because that's how long it takes me to unpack my army; takes a half hour to pack up too. Should I be impressed by the fact that packing and unpacking take the same amount of time?

There are certain perks though. There's nothing quite like having 3/4 of your army killed and you still outnumber your opponent. Provided you don't get into super heavies anything can get killed or blown up and you still have a sizable force to work with.

• Like 3

I have played maybe two or three 40K and the same amount of WHFB in my time.

But besides the Evil forces I love most, I always liked the guard, especially the Death Korps of Krieg.

• Like 4

Well I ended up roped into a game tomorrow or voluntold as some would call it. So I finished up my psykers and their base's today with the hope of using at least one tomorrow. 20190817_170135.thumb.jpg.ea1c89c1366e37cb2c77a63a40ebcc23.jpg20190817_170204.thumb.jpg.516ae1543166a6f81594a35f02b062e3.jpg

I even went and painted the rim of the bases, which is something I usually don't worry about. Maybe when I finish painting everything else I'll go through the army and paint the bases. That's way off in the future however. 

Now to the real fun, assembling a list. I'm excited to see if I can get a psyker and my rough riders in a 1,000 point list that is still competitive.

Seeing as this is my first game against our gaming group's founder I'm wondering if I should play it safe and just field my regular army with no new units? Last week I was so rusty I completely forgot about orders and stratagems the whole first game, only remembering immediately after it was too late to use them.

• Like 6

So here's what I learned today, I no longer want to play anything under 1,500 points. I fielded a 1,000 point brigade and my army was completely bare bones. I had no Voxcasters or special weapons in my infantry squads. I also had no transports whatsoever, and my two tanks only had a single heavy bolter and their turret weapons. Needless to say I've grown quite accustomed to fielding special weapons, Voxcasters, and transports, not to mention kitted out tanks. 

I can report that my Rough Riders and Primaris Psyker paid for themselves today. The Rough Riders were able to lockdown an objective but obviously couldn't score. The Psyker however managed to slay the warlord with the power of smite; fifty odd points well spent. received_2347474065498317.thumb.jpeg.a763144b424e782844b12acf0878d03c.jpegreceived_674883126349734.thumb.jpeg.aad210379eeebc3cbbe07b037e319d27.jpeg

• Like 11

I love that guy bringing beverages and food to the fight!

*** I..can't ..go on SIR!...It's ...getting cold! I...I...****

**** HERE I AM! I GOT SOUP!!!***

*** Thanks man! You saved my life!***

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I love that guy bringing beverages and food to the fight!

I originally built him to be in the command squad with my commander "the Rupert", but this is the first time I've ever taken a bare bones squad and there's actually been a free space for him. Usually I take a Voxcaster there instead, but it's pretty useless to bring a Voxcaster when none of your infantry units have one. 

The only reason I was able to issue any orders all game was due to the fact I never made it out of my deployment zone. I guess we were playing some homebrew that the guys have been playing for years. All I know is deployment was weird, scoring was weird, and the rolling system to end the game was weird too. 

• Like 3