Hero Forge test figures

Rob Dean

As if I didn’t have enough to do, I started playing around with the design systems on the Hero Forge web site. I finally ended up ordering a couple of figures to see how they looked when done. I’ve been reading the various Bordertown books lately, so ended up drifting into some urban fantasy territory here. 

4767411D-F30E-4DF3-8A8D-B332BF7DBC2B.thumb.jpeg.f4290c918f8553d2f8e88dcc7ad745b0.jpeg

It’s a little unfortunate that their system doesn’t have a playing pose, given the availability of the violin and bow. I do seem to accumulate musicians, though...

6711B390-FD43-4DB2-9EB9-A7E50ACD517B.thumb.jpeg.f0cd17547c99b45869d1b07f68323909.jpeg

The necromantic spell effect wasn’t my first choice, but it looked like the safest from a structural integrity view, so I went with it. 

Both of these were done in the higher grade plastic, and I was pleased to

see that the layer lines were pretty much invisible after painting.   

• Like 17

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

That's what I've always wondered about these figures, if their lines from the printer show up after the mini is created.  I I don't want to have to "compensate" paint for a bunch of horizontal lines. 

Two Gencons back they handed out free samples, so I had seen and painted one before ordering these.  I wonder if I ever had it in a show off thread? It was a very spiky orcish warlord...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Two Gencons back they handed out free samples, so I had seen and painted one before ordering these.  I wonder if I ever had it in a show off thread? It was a very spiky orcish warlord...

I don’t recall seeing him. You should post him, just in case!