Sign in to follow this  
Rob Dean

Hero Forge test figures

As if I didn’t have enough to do, I started playing around with the design systems on the Hero Forge web site. I finally ended up ordering a couple of figures to see how they looked when done. I’ve been reading the various Bordertown books lately, so ended up drifting into some urban fantasy territory here. 

4767411D-F30E-4DF3-8A8D-B332BF7DBC2B.thumb.jpeg.f4290c918f8553d2f8e88dcc7ad745b0.jpeg

It’s a little unfortunate that their system doesn’t have a playing pose, given the availability of the violin and bow. I do seem to accumulate musicians, though...

6711B390-FD43-4DB2-9EB9-A7E50ACD517B.thumb.jpeg.f0cd17547c99b45869d1b07f68323909.jpeg

The necromantic spell effect wasn’t my first choice, but it looked like the safest from a structural integrity view, so I went with it. 

Both of these were done in the higher grade plastic, and I was pleased to

see that the layer lines were pretty much invisible after painting.   

• Like 17

That's what I've always wondered about these figures, if their lines from the printer show up after the mini is created.  I I don't want to have to "compensate" paint for a bunch of horizontal lines. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

That's what I've always wondered about these figures, if their lines from the printer show up after the mini is created.  I I don't want to have to "compensate" paint for a bunch of horizontal lines. 

Two Gencons back they handed out free samples, so I had seen and painted one before ordering these.  I wonder if I ever had it in a show off thread? It was a very spiky orcish warlord...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

Two Gencons back they handed out free samples, so I had seen and painted one before ordering these.  I wonder if I ever had it in a show off thread? It was a very spiky orcish warlord...

I don’t recall seeing him. You should post him, just in case!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      I rescued Bonnie and Max from the box of goodwill and made them ready for table use, sharing a simplified palette of colors: blue, tan, green, and orange.  Max got a weapon swap, and some resculpting of the left arm because it was so much larger than the right it looked like it came off a different figure.   I reposed Bonnie slightly more upright than her original position.  They are both on CMON/Microarts graveyard bases. 

Max pulled his collar up against the wind and puled his old college scarf closer around his neck. "Come on Bonnie, there's nothing out here."

"I heard something over there,"  Bonnie replied. 

"It's a cat. I don't think we need to worry about it. "

• By Inarah
      Desiree Dark, from the RAFM line of Modern Heroes.  This is the second time I have painted her, and I wanted to go dark, but not all black.  Experimented with some rich purple and deep blue, and new metallics. She'll make a good vampire hunter or cultist bounty hunter. 

• By Rob Dean
      I have finally been feeling inspired this weekend, although, as usual, my Muse has her own way of doing things.

Back in September I posted a thread with some pictures of the first two HeroForge miniatures I had ordered and painted.

A couple of days ago, I got a Cigar Box Battles mat for urban terrain, which will be where whatever this project turns out to be takes place.  

So, today I sat down and worked on some of the figures that have been on my desk for it:

The new figures finished today are in the front row.  From left to right, Violet is a HeroForge figure; Karl is a Reaper 50211, and Cynthia and Kyle are from the Reaper 50042 Modern Children set.  The skateboarder is on the table...

I'm still not sure whether this is going to be a skirmish game of some sort, or a roleplaying game, but there are at least some characters to get started.

• By Bruunwald
      Sometimes I like to turn the shipping containers into bunkers or other little outposty things. I got some kind of not-great pics this time. They're taken in various stages, so flock missing in some/not in others, and some areas do not appear painted here, that were painted later.

EDIT: Hmmm.... I stuck these here because they started out as Reaper (models), but now I wonder if this should be in the terrain section.
    • By lazarp
      So I painted this one for a friend to use as his goliath fighter in our dnd campaign.
      It was a quick and easy paint, since he asked me to keep it simple. I like how it turned out considering the printing quallity
      Also, the blade of his original sword broke of, so I replaced it with a warhammer empire greatsword blade 

• Who's Online   20 Members, 3 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)