Reaper Paint Question (Potential for Colorshift)

strawhat

OK, I don't want to put the cart before the horse, but are Reaper examining the potential for colorshift paints?  With those big bugs coming in Bones IV, now (or very soon) might be a good time for some sparkly shiftiness.

If this can't be answered, that's OK--nuke away.  But I'd be curious to know the ifs and whys (if available).

I just suddenly felt like I needed them.

• Like 1

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      Scale 75 is expanding their line of artist tube paint and inks. More general colors, some more specialized inks (apparently matte ink), and fluorescent paint tubes - that actually glow under black light.
      Bonus for folks who have previously backed their Kickstarters too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/scale75/scalecolor-artist-smooth-acrylic-paints-2/description
    • By greyzombiesarebetter
      I made the mistake of ordering a duplicate of 09426 Charred Brown and am struggling to find a general use for it. I applied a very thin glaze over grey I had underpainted with scratches and scuffs over grey and after two coats it did create a somewhat interesting washed out look. But it's a little too dead for leather overall. I think I could mix it in with Scale 75 inks for interesting dark wood, and maybe with purple and blues for dark desaturated shadows, but these are pretty specialized.

What have you found it works well for?

I've also got an extra bottle of 09458 Kobold Scale and 09483 Twilight Purple, but I think I can use those up quite readily for various things.

Also, with the unfortunate demise of Secret Weapon, what Reaper paints would be the best replacements for their rubber colors? They had a reputation for being great for that dead grey cool blue that rubber often reads as. I unfortunately never got a chance to pick up a bottle.

Thank you!
    • By greyzombiesarebetter
      Once upon a time Palomino Gold was recommended as a substitute for yellow ochre (the same way Russet Brown fills the burnt umber role, among others). But I stumbled upon this page recently:

https://www.reapermini.com/search/yellow ochre

Is 09331 closer to typical artist paints' yellow ochre than Palomino Gold now?

While we're at it, I've been wondering about replacements for rubber and rust colors since the unfortunate dissolution of Secret Weapon. I've never used them myself but heard they were quite nice. What current MSPs would match closest to Secret Weapon's old rubber triad and rust colors? I came upon "Oxidized Brown" and "Oxidized Red" at Miniature Market a few weeks ago.

Thanks!
    • By SparrowMarie
      Is there somewhere I can find a list of all Reaper paints and what lines they are in? I'm trying to figure out the new SKUs and where they fit in for my swatch book but I am unclear as to where to put some things. I've searched and cannot find a list that's not the discontinued list.
    • By Athys
      Hi! Thats my first time at these forum. 

First i want to apologize for my bad english.

And now... Here they are! The goblin bombs from Mad Dragon, three miniatures i found in a friend's garage long time ago. 

I hope you enjoy them as much as I did when painting them.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)