Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

The Arkham Advertiser, Editor and Photography Division

The good citizens of Arkham need to be informed of important  developments (for a modest price). Here to print all the news that's fit for the fragile sanity of mankind are the staff of the Advertiser. Editor Lorenzo and Flashbulb Casey, as well as the newsboy, are from Murch's News Hounds, in the Gangland Justice line. Bridget O'Rourke (sculpt II) is from Rattrap Miniatures. I love the dynamism of these sculpts!DSCN4317.thumb.JPG.879f823c92a0cbe09faa3f7a7e43ad86.JPGDSCN4327.thumb.JPG.59433106b1410b3abb6b2547c5c225ed.JPGDSCN4336.thumb.JPG.018edf1101320afb7a50f11514cb9f63.JPGDSCN4337.thumb.JPG.20f17eb32762e9962ac170b8e5fdb842.JPGDSCN4338.thumb.JPG.a19200ef8c4c9a53274428d5761b8e43.JPG

"Now listen here! Papers need to sell, and they don't sell anymore without we get the pictures! You come to me with cockamamie stories about metal men, I want PROOF! The public wants EVIDENCE! and while we're at it--"

[assorted screaming and hollering]

"--Hey, *dont* you interrupt me, this is important!"

DSCN4318.thumb.JPG.b53ac4517c42df6a948ae0e38f0fac14.JPG
DSCN4319.thumb.JPG.921dcd382f72cc7cb6c692408c964341.JPG

(Guest appearance by a repurposed Iron Giant promotional figurine.)

I liked this gag so much I also set it up with 77113, Reaper Bones' Eldritch Demon (whom we all know is a Star-Spawn of the O.G. G.C.) Bridget is great at conveying
 the exact second where "plucky" switches  over to "terrified."
DSCN4322.thumb.JPG.1bbf42c748252b6f8fa80b5d20b9a487.JPGDSCN4321.thumb.JPG.a000393de78529232146ed32567049d8.JPG

DSCN4324.JPG

• Like 22

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Those who have been following know my fondness for aeronauts and airship crews. But an airship's gotta have fuel, doesn't it, and so do biplanes and autogyros! And they don't call the aesthetic *solar*punk, now!
      Enter Eureka. They have a line for a retro racing game called "Mad Maximillian" and it includes pit crew with old-style "flimsy" fuel cans. Three styles. And I've got three sets of aeronauts (Zeppelin crew, Sky Pirates, and Flying Circus). Seemed perfect for some speed painting now that the color scheme for each group is established.

Side note: it is *not easy* to find reference pictures of those fuel cans in their pristine condition, so this is just guesswork on my part.
      Side note 2: the ground is GreenStuffWorld's "Mesh" roller on dollar-store foamboard. 

First, our Zeppelin crewman! Labels are done in very fine-tipped pen.

Next, the dashing (in both senses) crewman from the Flying Circus! An excuse to play with the GW Gore-Grunta Fur and Snakebite Leather contrasts.

And finally, our Sky Pirate. Glad to include an Asian crewmember to the faction. I think she needs a layer of darker wash, though. This can got a bit of rust.

• By Rigel
      Eureka has a two-pack of figures in their Pax Limpopo line called "Hench and Coach," and they are the most corpulent double-chinned British spherical bastards imaginable; Dickensian caricatures after the style of Nast or Tenniel. I had to have them. Didn't bother affixing the coachwhips. They are about halfling-sized in 32mm scale, and walrus-like giants in 15mm scale. You should be able to hear a bassoon-and-tuba soundtrack when looking at them. 

I'd also painted up some minis from Artizan's "Thrilling Tales" line: Miss Greentree, Private Campbell, and Tankie Bob. Each of them is full of personality. Greentree I painted as an Agent Carter-type. Campbell was where I found tartan is not my forte. Could have come out worse. Bob is a scruffy fanatic and I love the sculpt. I figured Ungentlemanly Warfare was a good setting for the three of them.

More pictures below.

• By Darsc Zacal
      Kickstarter is now Live and I’ve updated the thread title to the name of the kickstarter.
      Heres the link:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1313980061/pulp-figures-dangerous-dames-28mm-miniatures?ref=9p7oe7&token=186495ca

I don’t know what the actual name of the kickstarter will be, but I was at a local wargaming convention earlier today that longtime miniature sculpter Bob Murch attended and had his sales booth set up at.

I happened to overhear him mention to another customer that he was planning a “quick and dirty” kickstarter for next month (May) for 5 or 6 sets of female characters for across his Pulp Figures ranges.

Figured I better post a thread here in case there are any other Murch fans.
      Plus it serves as a reminder to keep an eye and ear out for the project.
    • By planetmut
      It took me ages to choose a colour scheme for the Valkeeri Leader. I eventually decided on Army Painter Shining Silver to go with the whole pulp scifi theme, and VGC Warlock Purple because why not. I was worried the silver bits of her uniform would look like armour instead of metallic cloth but I think it's turned out OK. For once I managed to get her eyes to a decent standard and her hair came out looking good too. Her gun is VMC Brass, toned down with VGC Sepia Wash and Liquitex matte varnish. Her lips are a tiny dab of VMC Brown Rose.

I forgot about her cape until I was finished with her, so it got a few thin coats of Warlock Purple and then began the fun and games of gluing it to the figure. Four attempts later I got it in what I hope is the right position and touched up the purple.

• By Rigel
      On the good advice of @paintybeard and @lexomatic I took the plunge and got the Villains 3 set from Crooked Dice. It contains a Cold-War era cycloptic Squid Man Agent as well as a mad biologist (see elsewhere). And you never know when a violent young lady will come in handy, so I also got one of their Savage Schoolgirls with hockey sticks. I've done better faces and skin, but I'm pretty pleased with the tattered stockings and skirt.

Whatever this squidfella is asking, Miss Blunt-Instrument is having none of it. 

Here's a turnaround just for the squid-man

and here's one for the savage Sixth Former. I should put some blood spatter on that stick and shirt! 

• Who's Online   21 Members, 4 Anonymous, 236 Guests (See full list)