Sign in to follow this  
Flit

Flit Starts Work on her Bones Stash

I have finally started working on my many Bones minis. This first one is 773000 Antipaladin by Bobby Jackson. It is mostly an experimental/ practice piece. I am not completely happy with my mold line removal, but in this case I am not going to worry about it too much. Mostly it is to get me acquainted with working with Bones minis and to experiment with my new Scale 75 metallic paints. I am not happy with all of the photos, my old photo setup got broken and I haven't gotten it replaced yet and just as I was taking these pictures one of my light bulbs went out and I don't have a replacement. Should be able to get better pics once I get a new bulb.

First off I base coated the cape with Nightmare Black. This was a new paint purchase and I wanted to play with it. Really like this color.

Next I used Faded black to Undercoat the skulls on the armor. I'm planning to do these in a metallic steel. Used Tanned skin as a base coat on his head.

Next came Ultramarine Shadow for the armor undercoat. I really like this color for this as I am going to do the majority of the armor in a dark blue steel tone. The only down side is that the blue colors are fairly transparent and so take several coats to get good coverage.

Looks like I am having some chipping issues, but I think I have that issue solved. Hope to get some more work done on him soon if life doesn't make me do other things first

Cape Basecoat  Crop.jpg

Antipalidan Front Crop.jpg

Antipal Metal Undercoat Front Crop.jpg

Antipal Metal Undercoat Back Crop.jpg

• Like 10

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Auberon
      My exchange partner this time around was @Corporea.  She was one of those troublesome ones that are fine with anything.  This of course means that I am free to do anything, so what I did was use her as an excuse to test out airbrushing my Vallejo Air Metallics.  Because of that this mini is a little more metallic than I might have otherwise done.  The aluminum didn't want to airbrush, or hand brush for that matter, so I may have a bad bottle.  Other than that they all worked as expected. I.e. you can create a TMM effect by combining these paints with a regular paint for the shadows.

I also tried my hand at a mosaic tile base.  The area I started with isn't as good as the rest of the base, but seeing as I am already late I didn't go back and take even more time to repaint that area.  Overall I thought it turned out pretty well, though I don't believe I'll be doing it on cork again. While I thought the imperfections in the surface could work as missing tiles, in practice they just ended up being in inconvenient places.

But unfortunately I had to stick a mini on it.

Full frontal metal shiny.

And rotating around for those that want to look.

I also attempted to create the look of texture by applying leather colors in a series of parallel lines.  I kind of liked it but at the same time I'm not sure that it comes across as any particular type of texture.

And that's it for my 2019 exchange.  Next year I might even try to be on time. 
    • By Mcfoltzy
      PAINTED THIS DRAGON FOR MY DM WANTED TO BREAK IT THOSE DANG WINGS JUST KICK MY BUTT . BUT THINK IT CAME OUT PRETTY GOOD 

• By Lostraven
      Though technically not part of the town themed figures, I tapped him for the captain of the guard. I did him relatively quickly.

• By Lostraven
      I'm trying to complete all the town related figures from the Bones 4 core set with the same colour palette. I took my inspiration from the Whiterun guards in Skyrim. This pair of guards is also available in metal.

• By zoroaster100
      I’m working on trying to get this big guy painted to tabletop standard by the time I have to use him at our next Pathfinder D&D session to represent the Roc King on Tilagos Island in the Demiplane of Last Resort, in the Age of Worms adventure path.

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)