The skull looks very good. You're starting to develop a good feel for it.  Are you using an embroidery needle? They are generally not sharp enough to draw blood without effort. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

The skull looks very good. You're starting to develop a good feel for it.  Are you using an embroidery needle? They are generally not sharp enough to draw blood without effort. 

Thanks!

I got a wheel of "craft needles" and am using the ones labeled embroidery. I am also pretty good at being clumsy. 

ETA: My mom got me some embroidery needles for Xmas but I'm having an elf of a time threading them.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 2

Lamp kinda wonky but best I could do with that small a thing right now. Still haven't decided a color for the paint pot yet.

0122201442.thumb.jpg.7d056f3fe9a5183b17b233147da3cf04.jpg

• Like 8

Forgot to update this. I'm just now getting back at it. The paint pot went screwy when I tried to pull the paper out of it. I have been doing this as of late though.

20200504_171222.thumb.jpg.f270c9d8ae996e2fcdea1d9b1768f94f.jpg

• Like 9

I've decided that I want to start a bunch of the embroidery over. This will set me back another year in getting this going but I think this looks much better than the original.

20200929_101420.thumb.jpg.8fd35dd78a273ded5eec486eba61a704.jpg

• Like 3

Dice are done! Did the bath and hated it so I'm taking a different approach with it. Missing a picture of the d6 apparently. And I've come to an ingenious idea or I've become my grandmother. I started keeping the small and frequently used stuff in a Christmas cookie tin.

IMG_20201010_155818_856.thumb.jpg.83dbc22338a9d68dbe3847acbfe5e337.jpg

20201003_170805.thumb.jpg.9b85dd5eb44543a6ee90b4ce65036b1e.jpg

20201003_174640.thumb.jpg.0f09d62fcece8dc9a5683ca27a091217.jpg

IMG_20201004_194246_915.thumb.jpg.35a3c7d85c07d5f45b697349a270557e.jpg

• Like 5

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By CaptainPete
      Since I suggested it, I guess I'll do it...
      Here's a thread to discuss what horror movies, books, shows, comics, and etc that you're looking forward to watching during the holiday.
      I'm actually thinking about doing a Scooby-Doo movie marathon:
      Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island
      Scooby-Doo and the Witch's Ghost
      Scooby-Doo Meets KISS: A Magical Mystery (yes, this movie exists)
      Scooby-Doo and the Curse of the 13th Ghost

What about the rest of you?

• By SparrowMarie
      So! I'm back. I haven't finished any of my other WIPs lately but I figure one more won't hurt. 

I'm planning on doing a film noir style desert expedition whereupon our investigators find something not of this world. 

I'm really excited for this one(not that I'm not excited for all my projects) but I have some hurdles to cross. 

I want a wall between the white and grey bones, preferably crumbly looking. Not sure where to start with that.  Figure out the best way to magnetize things. And the really big one: figure out how to actually paint in the style I'm trying to do.   
      This will involve a lot of work and time. As well as some (maybe a lot of) practice minis. 

I'm currently in the mock up stage. I've got the minis I want and I'm trying to stage them how I think will look good as well as imagine the wall where I want it.
      First stages of mock up.

• By MoonglowMinis
      Not super sure where to post this but this made the most sense to me. I found some fantastic miniature pumpkins at my local Joann Fabrics.

Hopefully you can find them elsewhere if you don't have a Joann's.
      They come in $10 bags that are pretty big. I don't see myself ever needing to buy more. 

They say "fall drieds" which makes me think they're some kind of organic. But they have the consistency of some kind of acorn or pinecone. So pretty solid. I don't think they'd deteriorate but if you're worried I'm sure a sealant of some kind would do the trick. 

They come in a mix of sizes but they all look pretty good at 28mm scale. The cutting mat has half-inch squares.
      Most of the pumpkins are of the artistically exaggerated size compared to a mini, and the smaller ones tend to be darker and a bit more mishapen. The coloration in them is pretty decent. I think they could use a layer of highlights but if you're in a hurry or making a huge pumpkin patch, then they look just fine. 

Anyways, I hope this is useful for someone!
    • By SparrowMarie
      Spent just about a week on this one. It was fun. My GS work sucks but it's done. C&C welcome.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)