Sign in to follow this  
TGP

Gaslands! Index Thread

What are the basic steps for weathering and grungeing [sp?] these vehicles?

step 1 (is obviously) 

Remove from blister / steal from kid

step 2 _________?

• Haha 5

Considering using Adamantium Black on the undercarriage. Or else, maybe an India Ink wash...if I can find some India Ink. 

10 hours ago, Guyscanwefocusplease said:

TGP, I just added a gaslands post and will be adding more soon!

Added. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      Now that my first Gaslands team is done, I am starting to work on my second: Scarlett’s raiders. Mechanically, this team works much like old pirate ships did- by transporting tons of rabble rousers that can hop off and wreak havoc after getting close to opposing cars. I thought a school bus was perfect for this, and it allowed me to practice my rust. I must admit, it is very freeing to paint a vehicle like garbage and not care if it looks messy.

more to come. In the mean time, C&C welcome!

• By Guyscanwefocusplease
      It’s been a long time since I have posted, and a lot has been going on. Last year my friend got me into a game called gaslands, which is a post apocalyptic death race game using Converted matchbox/hot wheels cars. The game is a ton of fun, but the most fun part is converting the cars. Over the next few days I’ll post what I’ve done so far. 

In the game you get to choose a team which gives you a certain flavour. This team, Beverly of the highway, has a single corporeal car and a bunch of ghost cars that zip around. It seemed like a really neat idea, so I decided to make a team. Behold! 
      first up is Beverly herself. Took awhile to get the OSL right but I like it now.

ghost car 1. 

ghost car 2, a police paddy wagon.

ghost car 3 with skeleton driver pointing at his next victim. 

ghost car 4. You can’t see from here but there are chains trailing from behind.

the team riding the wasteland roads.

even when you’re undead, you need a glamour shot for the advertisers.

It took me a long time before I was happy with the painted ghost cars. My first attempt was to prime white and do a thing coat of ectoplasm green, which actually worked great but left some uneven pools on the large flat surfaces. I added more chains and flames to break those up, but the second and third attempts went poorly, so I eventually coated green then dry brushed. Oh well.

let me know what you think. C&C welcome!
    • By TGP
      I unboxed this Dino this weekend. Here she is stomping on a tabletop. The model is flawless, the detail is quite nice. 

I did a little bit of research about ceratopsians. As near as I could find out this one has a frill somewhat like a Styracosaurus but the face (head?) is more like a Pentaceratops. Which is no cause for complaint as far as I’m concerned. Lots of sharp horns is a good thing. 

I still need the correct five digit number and the right name for this model. If anyone has those or a suggestion for a third tag I can edit the title.

SEARCH WORDS:
      TGPTGP, dinosaur, lizardmen, 
    • By TGP
      Welcome to the last 2019 instalment of Getting to Know You, December 2019 Edition.

The rules as they currently stand ( ...should you chose to accept them... )

1. Every day, or so (unless I am out or ill or something) I will post a question.
      1.5. Should I be unable to post a question for the day a crack team of deputy quisitors, former quisitors, are likely chomping at the bit to step in and post one... 
      2. In theory there is a 24 hour span to answer that question before the next question is posted.
      2.5. (Rule 2 is the most frequently ignored rule.)
      3. Questions will typically be posted between  06:00 hours and 09:00 hours CET. (Central European Time UYC +1)***
      3.5 (...that is 23:00 to 02:00 hours RST Reaper Standard Time UTC -6)***
      4. Everyone is encouraged to suggest future questions to be posted via PM to me or one of the other quisitioners.
      (But my PM box is stuffed full gimme 2-3 days to clear it out...) 
      5. You do not have to answer every question to play.
      6. If a question is TMI or N/A simply wait for the next question.. ..or post that you decline to respond (clues regarding why can be fun...unless TMI).
      7. Weekend questions will often take the form of two day quests, running Saturday to Sunday.

***CLEARLY I WILL ON OCCASION BEND RULES 3. And 3.5.
    • By Gabbi
      Here are a few models I've converted/painted:

If you remember the yellow/orange sport car, chance are your hair/beard are showing some white by now... :)

More on my blog: https://gabbigames.wordpress.com/tag/gaslands/
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)