Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mckenna35

Impact! Miniatures Presents: The Lost KS Mini Project

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Rhino in a larger size could potentially be neat...  Or is he already somewhat large in all dimensions at it's current incarnation at 52mm tall?  Figure I'd ask, since he's $14 more than the $18 minotaur, but only 7mm taller, which indicates to me that he's a lot bulkier in other dimensions...?

 

@WhiteWulfe Pretty large in all dimensions.   I took this image which I think might help you with this question.   The Rhino is pictured with both the Minotaurs from a top down view.   The square are 10mm.   I can make the Rhino bigger but because of his bulky body mixed with that rock and the club ... his price is going to go up very quickly as he gets a few mm taller.

Screenshot 2018-09-19 21.40.48.png

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Out of sheer curiosity, how tall are the various minis in the Necromancer pack?  Specifically the one that kind of looks like a zombie puppy hybrid thing of doom? ^_^;;;

 

EDIT: Second rown, second one in the Necromancer pack

 

@WhiteWulfe  updated graphic to answer this question.

Necromancer_KS_Set.jpg

Edited by impactminiatures
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, impactminiatures said:

 

@WhiteWulfe Pretty large in all dimensions.   I took this image which I think might help you with this question.   The Rhino is pictured with both the Minotaurs from a top down view.   The square are 10mm.   I can make the Rhino bigger but because of his bulky body mixed with that rock and the club ... his price is going to go up very quickly as he gets a few mm taller.

Screenshot 2018-09-19 21.40.48.png

 

@WhiteWulfe  updated graphic to answer this question.

Necromancer_KS_Set.jpg

 

Many thanks for the quick reply!  Had a feeling that rhino would get pricy quick if increased in size.  Seems like he'd be a size hubby might like, he tends to prefer painting things that are at least 2" tall, keeps mentioning something about "too many fiddly details I can't see" or something like that.

 

Kind of scary that the rhino's shoulders are almost as wide as both Minotaurs, or at least a minotaur and a half!

 

No idea why, but I keep thinking that that 38mm minion in the necromancer pack would look downright epic at 54mm...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I’m in the exact same position myself, down to almost the exact dollar amount.

Looking it up, it was actually 285 for me. I just tend to round over time. :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

No idea why, but I keep thinking that that 38mm minion in the necromancer pack would look downright epic at 54mm...

 

@WhiteWulfe I am willing to resize any miniatures in the 3-D print range as a special request.   I will just need extra time to set it up and quote it and it would be a transaction outside the KS project (so that I don't mess up the mass printing of the models at the original manufacturer height).  At 54mm that model would be $28 ... I could use MeshMixer to cut off the base if you wanted to drop that a bit.   Just wanted to let you know.

Edited by impactminiatures
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, impactminiatures said:

The question is ... do I spend all the time to set it up ... any takers you think at $135?

I imagine the gnome pilots are still tiny even at a 6"+ size, and the legs were never really convincing (especially those little hook feet) for handling such a construct while on the move. Compared to the rhino or elephant I just can't see this being worthwhile even at its *original* kickstarter pricepoint.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Serpine said:

I imagine the gnome pilots are still tiny even at a 6"+ size, and the legs were never really convincing (especially those little hook feet) for handling such a construct while on the move. Compared to the rhino or elephant I just can't see this being worthwhile even at its *original* kickstarter pricepoint.

I have to be honest that was my thought ... and the 3 Gnome Pilots were very uninspiring which is why I did not convert them for individual sale.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, impactminiatures said:

At 54mm that model would be $28 ...

Highly tempted to consider this myself... That dog thing would be great to represent a particular deity in my home D&D games, so the bigger the better.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, impactminiatures said:

 

@WhiteWulfe I am willing to resize any miniatures in the 3-D print range as a special request.   I will just need extra time to set it up and quote it and it would be a transaction outside the KS project (so that I don't mess up the mass printing of the models at the original manufacturer height).  At 54mm that model would be $28 ... I could use MeshMixer to cut off the base if you wanted to drop that a bit.   Just wanted to let you know.

 

Ooooooh, that is very much so something I will have to consider then, because both hubby and I rather do like that one and think it would look lovely a tad larger ^_^;;;  As to removal of the base, I have to say nah, I kind of like what it feels like it adds into the whole thing...  It's actually one of the first undead that REALLY catch my eye.

 

11 minutes ago, Serpine said:

Highly tempted to consider this myself... That dog thing would be great to represent a particular deity in my home D&D games, so the bigger the better.

 

A small part of me is curious as to what it would be like dimensions-wise at 72mm tall, but I suspect that would probably be over $50 USD by that point...  I also suspect you'd get some rather colourful language dropped by your players if it came out as something possibly hostile!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

A small part of me is curious as to what it would be like dimensions-wise at 72mm tall, but I suspect that would probably be over $50 USD by that point...  I also suspect you'd get some rather colourful language dropped by your players if it came out as something possibly hostile!

@WhiteWulfe If you'd really like that quote for real-sy ... just let me know and I'll work it up for you.   But yes I do expect you'll be getting close to $50 USD.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh.... these are so neat... the chibi alien queen... those samurai elves... ugh.... 

 

Darn it Tom! Why do you have to make so many awesome things! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't really have anything to do with the kickstarter, but I would like everyone to know that I'm disappointed in all of you for not pointing out to me that Impact has a set of chibi xenomorphs. Fortunately I discovered this on my own and ordered them, so order has returned to the universe.

 

On topic - I think this is a really neat project and good on you for trying to make things better for people that got stiffed by another company!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Ugh.... these are so neat... the chibi alien queen...

The Alien Queen was just a painting example.   Those figures are already on my website.

 

Apologies @Darsc Zacal did not know I could not link ... lesson learned!   Sorry for that

Edited by impactminiatures
MOD Edit: Commerce link removed.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By zemjw
      Not figure related, but hopefully of use to folks wanting to generate characters and backstory
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rdpsyche/reckless-deck-psyche
       
       

       
      Way over funded and 21 days to go.
    • By GamerPrincess
      OMG!  Jason Weibe helped create the new Dwarven line being released on Kickstarter by Tomb Guardians!  These minis look so cool and they are cheap!  I haven't seen anyone post about this yet but here is the link.  It starts tomorrow morning.  They also said Bobby Jackson and Gene Van Horne created there monsters in the set.  Cant wait.   I purchased there Amazons and they were fantastic!  I posted some pics.  Im assuming the Fire Demon and add ons are in Resin.  
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tombguardians/28mm-fantasy-dwarven-miniature-collection-ii/edit/preview
       
      Gamerprincess
       
       


    • By Scylla Models
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1960687294/queen-titania
       

       
      Queen Titania will be cast in resin, 15 part kit, coming with a textured base. At an impressive 160mm height to the tip of the horns she towers over mere mortals on your battlefield unleashing nature's wrat
      h!
      The kit can be assembled in two variants: with an ornate bikini armor or savagely topless.

      360°: https://youtu.be/Q23boO-68G4
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1960687294/queen-titania
    • By Cranky Dog
      Midlam keeps doing exactly what I want. Rounding up my collection with original miniatures that pairs up well with the original.
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/hobgoblin-raiding-party-volume-two?ref=profile_created
       
      Yes, THEY'RE ALL METAL.

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

       

      A Note on Metal
      We moving onto a lead free high quality pewter from a reputable metal dealer.  All our past metals had a high Tin content, but could contain a small quantity of lead (typically no more than 5%).  Even still, we cannot guarantee that any of our metal will be entirely lead free.
       
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/signumgames/legends-of-signum-the-cursed-forest?ref=discovery_category_newest
       
      Story
       Hello wanderers! 
      Welcome to the newest long-awaited set of "Legends of Signum", a tabletop skirmish wargame with high-quality resin miniatures. 
      Signum Games presents the game "Legends of Signum: the Cursed Forest" that will tell you a story about Alliance of Wolfens and Forest Elves facing terrifying spider-like Akkari Elves - the two brand new forces that join the battle, thus swelling the ranks of existing factions. 
      These two powers bring a lot of new creatures led by their Heroes, new gameplay features and mechanics, brand new game modes, as well as many other exciting things for you to have astounding tabletop game experience here in the Cursed Forest!
      The Kickstarter campaign starts on June 9th, so please follow our page in order not to miss it and check out the latest news. Feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions concerning the campaign in the comments section below. Make yourself at home!  
      sample  
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...