Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Harlem Unbound

Black Cat Bases has a "Mr. Big" in their civilians/townsfolk line, and I thought he'd do fine as John Barlow, businessman, impresario, patron of the arts, and nightclub owner. Our investigative journalist in the peach dress, and the newsy hanging about, are again from Murch's Pulp News Hounds. The young flapper in the peacock ensemble is from Eureka. She was actually one of the first minis I tried freehanding!

You can tell Mr. Barlow's patience with Miss Imelda's questions (regarding how, exactly, his new venture is being funded) is running short. 

DSCN4331.JPG

DSCN4339.JPG

DSCN4340.JPG

DSCN4342.JPG

• Like 22

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Just a pair of rotty zombos I painted up in late 2014 or early 2015. I like them because of the period inspecificity: they work equally well as peasant fantasy zombies or pulp-era modern zombies.

The crouching one (Reggie?) looks particularly famished for braaaaaaaaaaiiiiiins. 

• By Rigel
      Painted up the Bones WWWizard of Oz as Hellboy, as so many others have rightly done (for it is an excellent pulp Hellboy sculpt sans tail). Got some good practice with old leather in making that duster; multiple washes and drybrushes in different tones. His skin is Reaper's Cinnamon Red with AP Red Tone and Nuln Oil washes and some AP Chaotic Red touches. Horns and clobberin' hand are mostly Chaotic Red.

Movie came out recently to poor reviews, so this is a good time to remind  people of Hellboy's comic-book roots: standing in front of poorly-lit Cyclopean carvings from ancient times before encountering a horrendous monster.

"The briefing said this temple complex was dedicated to Camazotz. ...what the heck is a camazotz?"

"Ah! Christ, you're ugly!"

"Okay, bat-face, you wanna dance? Let's dance."

The part of the Camazotz is played today by RAFM's "Hell's Harbinger," in their Fantasy Miniatures: Angels of Death collection. A versatile monstrosity that comes with a giant monster-skull base, I've gotten plenty of Cthulhu and pulp mileage out of it. 

Bonus tableau!

"I dunno what you're selling, lady, but I ain't buying any today!"

• By Darsc Zacal
      I don’t know what the actual name of the kickstarter will be, but I was at a local wargaming convention earlier today that longtime miniature sculpter Bob Murch attended and had his sales booth set up at.

I happened to overhear him mention to another customer that he was planning a “quick and dirty” kickstarter for next month (May) for 5 or 6 sets of female characters for across his Pulp Figures ranges.

Figured I better post a thread here in case there are any other Murch fans.
      Plus it serves as a reminder to keep an eye and ear out for the project.
    • By Rigel
      Meet Salchow and Lutz! Lutz there was originally marketed as Space Dwarf Leader 2, from Black Cat Bases' Moonfleet Miniatures line (The same  line that produces the Mole People from Sirius/Smoggers, http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/83535-spacefuture-mole-people-from-sirius-mortar-crew-black-cat-smoggers/&tab=comments#comment-1770652). I got him along with Space Dwarf Leader 1 whom I repurposed as a zeppelin commander ( http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82097-pic-heavy-zeppelin-crew-feat-59041-deadlands-noir-patent-scientist/&tab=comments#comment-1740661 )

This little bearded fellow with peaked cap, shoulder tabs and an absurdly oversized gun makes a dandy Soviet guard.
      His comrade Salchow is from Brigade Games, BG-AWE013, listed as"Woman with pistol, winter coat/hat" and I wasn't about to pass up that fine Eastern European fur hat! I painted her up with garish paisleys, grey hair, and a pinched greyish face. She is a good spy/infiltrator mini. Very small though, even for 25mm scale.

And here's a group shot of the Slavic/Eastern European pulp crew! 

• By Rigel
      How could I pass up this autocratic  figure? The monocle and mustaches speak to me. This is  Count Casimir, though he might be a good stand-in for Stalin himself.

He is accustomed to being obeyed without question or hesitation.

And Misha, his  high-spirited daughter, trained in the fine art of fencing by the best masters on  the European continent. As sharp and flexible as the steel she wields. 

• Who's Online   42 Members, 1 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)