FaerunsFermentations

Looking for a guard miniature

Hey everyone

I know this is not a reaper product but I need some help finding a miniature. He is a guard, draging a great sword, the tip of the sword rests on the ground, his feet are turned together like so / \ Has anyone come across a figure like this? I will try to think more of what he looks like. Thank you eveyrone i appreciate it!

Best,
FF

• Like 1

One tool that can help with such is the figure finder: http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder^_^

Using Male, Human, Sword, and Plate I found a few that might match...

02745: Ulern, Anti-Paladin

02884: Lord Jester, Mercenary

02907: Quint, Warrior

03183: Gabriel Darkblood, Vampire Overlord

03160: Krass Omenthrall

• Like 2

Those are actually really cool! I did not know this handy device existed! unfortunately I dont think its Reaper and one of your members told me it was okay to ask about non reaper items. Thanks though these are close and really great minis. The guy im looking for is standing, hes starring down, hes not engaged in battle.

Edited by FaerunsFermentations
  • Like 2

Sounds like a lovely mini either way.  I suspect others who know about various models will hopefully be able to point in the right direction.  And yup, non-Reaper models are definitely allowed to be talked about! ^_^

• Thanks 1

Do you know what material made up the mini?  That can help.  Also, is this in current production (i.e., have you seen it for sale recently)?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FaerunsFermentations said:

Those are actually really cool! I did not know this handy device existed! unfortunately I dont think its Reaper and one of your members told me it was okay to ask about non reaper items. Thanks though these are close and really great minis. The guy im looking for is standing, hes starring down, hes not engaged in battle.

Lostmini Wiki is also a helpful tool.

7 hours ago, FaerunsFermentations said:

I saw it on an instagram post, its made from plastic. I think hes guarding a dungeon. I doubt its in production but its possible. hes a little chuby but tall and groggy or gangly(but not thin).

Can you describe his clothing/armor style?

Are we talking a medieval townsguard kinda guy, or more of a Landsknecht style figure?

Honestly its hard to remember the armor style. If my description doesnt give him away then I think Im out of luck. This model is vary unique by the atributes I described. I have never seen any other model like It, I will try to think of more.

EDIT: 
So the last time I saw him he was on a instagram post, in a model cellar, he was pale skin, wearing blue and silver colors, and their was another model alluna the illuminati assassin was jumping in the air to kill him.

Edited by FaerunsFermentations
  • Like 1

hang on...working on something...

JAILER of 10,000 PACES!  also from Cadwallon.  Listed as "no longer available" on the site, but they might be willing to do a special casting for you (it says to contact them on their site).  Originally from Rackham! (Thank you to SGHawkins09 for the additional info).

Photo butchered enough to give a reference point (hopefully).

180309619_Jailerof10000Paces.gif.f344c7b6b5ba154beb2be8651a48b856.gif

Edited by strawhat
Never stop fighting til the fight is done!
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, FaerunsFermentations said:

EDIT: 
So the last time I saw him he was on a instagram post, in a model cellar, he was pale skin, wearing blue and silver colors, and their was another model alluna the illuminati assassin was jumping in the air to kill him.

39 minutes ago, strawhat said:

hang on...working on something...

JAILER of 10,000 PACES!  also from Cadwallon.  Listed as "no longer available" on the site, but they might be willing to do a special casting for you (it says to contact them on their site).

Photo butchered enough to give a reference point (hopefully).

180309619_Jailerof10000Paces.gif.f344c7b6b5ba154beb2be8651a48b856.gif

I think strawhat found him as this sounds like the diorama you are referencing, both figures are from Rackham which Cadwallon does casts of.

56B6DE7F-2019-4955-92CB-B1052DC8862B.thumb.jpeg.04ac1e45e45f99feb92d04d70f5e8e49.jpeg

*Assassination Of Drunks by David Colwell

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

35 minutes ago, SGHawkins09 said:

I think strawhat found him as this sounds like the diorama you are referencing, both figures are from Rackham which Cadwallon does casts of.

[pic removed]

*Assassination Of Drunks by David Colwell

Aargh.  I remember hearing something about them recasting, but I didn't think to file it for later since it's outside my usual area.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, strawhat said:

Aargh.  I remember hearing something about them recasting, but I didn't think to file it for later since it's outside my usual area.

Yeah, I wish I could recommend them as I did order a couple from them in my early days of painting, before I even knew recasting was a thing. But recasts are a big nope for me now, even with an out of production company.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, FaerunsFermentations said:

wow, you guys are amazing. I cant believe you found this thank you so much! Now to acquire it in some way...

Thanks again guys, yah its out of production but at least I have this information. 

Welcome to the forum!

I told you the folk around here were knowledgeable and helpful.

And once you acquire it, they can help you make sure it's the best paint job, too

• Like 4