planetmut

Adeptus Ratstartes Legion IV: Iris Warriors

Preferring to bombard their enemies from afar, Ratstartes of the Iris Warriors specialize in heavy weaponry. For example, Battle-Brother Hardcheese, pictured, carries weaponry so heavy that not only can his power armour barely hold the weight, he's also in danger of blowing himself up if he fires either one of his Devilsgulch missile launchers. Like many of the IV Legion, his armour is decorated with black and yellow chevrons, although his artificer hasn't quite got the hang of them yet. Hardcheese is also armed with a pistol in case the enemy gets within 500 feet and an implement he found in his kitchen junk drawer. The Iris Warriors' primarch, Pecorino, is currently loyal but as his BFF is Fulgreve it's only a matter of time before he turns to Chaource.

(I'd photographed Brother Hardcheese and attached the images to this post before realising I'd painted an X on his chest and launchers instead of IV. Yes, I'd got the Iron Warriors and Iron Hands mixed up. Damn you, GW!)

iris_warrior-1.jpg

iris_warrior-2.jpg

iris_warrior-3.jpg

Edited by planetmut
  • Like 17

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      With their pale skin, black eyes and habit of using the skulls of their enemies as fondue bowls, the Niolo Lords are infamous for spreading terror across the galaxy simply by showing up and broadcasting images of their Grater Companies flaying the rind from unpasteurized Stilton. Many Niolo Lords adorn their warplate with lightning bolts, although the artificer responsible for this Ratstarte's armour is probably a candidate for the skinning pits. Their unstable primarch, Konrad Curds, the Night Havilah, is plagued by visions of being killed by a vegan assassin.

(I've just noticed that I completely forgot to drybrush his bolter. Duh.)

• By Rigel
      At last, a return to the retro-future that never will have been! 01434 is a three-pack of mouslings with four head options included. A plucky, adventurous crew of spacefaring rodents. It is unclear if they are an uplifted species, or naturally evolved descendants of the lab mice shot into space back in the heady fossil-fuel days before the Last World War. After all, who KNOWS what kinds of effects Deep Space has on the murine body and mind? (See PKD's  "The Infinites" and James White's "The Conspirators"; no doubt there are others). But they're here, and they have blasters and space suits, and what more could you want? Are you made of stone?! 

Introducing the quick-witted Buck Roquefort!

The intrepid Flash Gorgonzola!!

The dauntless Honor Chevington!!!

And the *overwhelmingly* well-armed James Camembertius Kirk!!!!
      80085 is a BIG Bones mecha-mousling with missiles to spare. He is ready to rain down hellfire and bring on FROMAGEDDON. (or perhaps, LEERDAMMERUNG? Golly I love cheese puns.)

Here's the three from 01434:

And the whole crew (note, 01434 comes with mix-and-match heads--three bodies, two helmets and two unhelmeted heads): 

A bit of surgery later and I put the leftover smaller helmet on 80085, the Space Mousling Heavy. I believe @Corsair was asking on another thread about small mousling heads for a Starfinder Ysoki; this is one possibility, being noticeably smaller than its counterparts and also space-ready!

I recently impulse-bought some pale neon yellow paint, and used it for the bases and minor OSL. The asteroid is a stress ball I touched up with some Reaper Alien Goo and that same phosphorescent paint. 

A bunch more pictures if you want them; C&C welcome either way. Onward and starward, cadets! 

• By planetmut
      Considered* to be the biggest, bestest, most loyal Legion with the nicest shiniest armour, the Ubriacomarines take the Codex Ratstartes very seriously. Written by their primarch Rocamadour Guerbigny, the Codex contains a list of Emperor-approved cheeses, lots of recipes, a handy glossary of terms and is available in five installments priced at only $IX.XCIX each**.

As the XIII Legion follows this tome to the letter they will view anyone who doesn't use a Codex-approved fondue set with deep suspicion and have called Exterminatus on planets found to be using Velveeta. Following Guerbigny's miraculous recovery the Empire is looking forward to "Codex Ratstartes II: Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Buy Kraft Singles" with great anticipation.

The Ubriacomarines remain blissfully unaware that almost every other Legion refers to its Ratstartes as "smurfs".

*By themselves.
      **Plus S&H.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 134 Guests (See full list)