lexomatic

wizkids pre-primed pirates tabletop

This was stress relief from bad contractors and totally unplanned.

The beach base was a total whim, and works for one. I have no idea what I was thinking with the Obelix type...

20180923_171805.jpg

20180923_171823.jpg

20180923_172114.jpg

20180923_172011.jpg

20180923_172052.jpg

20180923_172029.jpg

• Like 22

I like them! Unfortunately, the old fat grouchy pirate looks way too much like me.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Corsair said:

I like them! Unfortunately, the old fat grouchy pirate looks way too much like me.

Look a lot worse all big, compared to on my phone. The big guy has a super droopy sword (or one of those flexible Chinese (?) ones).

I painted him after Obelix. He also reminds me of one of the guys on the Sinbad TV series.

• Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      I decided to do the shark too. I'll post to where I've completed but still lots to do. So much that I've given up on my whale shark plans.
      This is photographing way better than it looks in person.

Then I did turquoise ink on the clear plastic and ashen blue and vgc glacier blue and turquoise ink wash on shark.

Then I started working in rubber /highlight and teal ink and spectral glow for the whale shark markings.

Now I've added a bit more rubber on the top

• By lexomatic
      This wip is far along. I had to rewash laundry late (and stay up late enough to put stuff in the drier).
      Started with a coat of Corporea black, then pure black on the barrel, and wood got mahogany. I debated painting stuff like the stuff at the military college (chassis painted grey) but I felt it would be boring. So I'm painting it in other boring colors. I haven't painted wheels yet. These would be better bought prepainted, because they're pretty inaccessible.

• By stormbreach
      Hello all.  Today I just finished this Shambling Mound from Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures.  I decided to do it just like a tutorial I saw on Mini Junkies, so I'm not even sure how much credit I can claim for him .  Basically it's heavily drybrushed with white and then entirely inked.  I used Vallejo Game Inks and this was my first time trying them.  There are some imperfections and I wish some aspects had turned out different but I'm happy enough with him.  I didn't have enough guts to put grass and flock directly on him like I would have liked but I don't think any of the stuff I have would have looked right.  As it is the grass and flock on the base basically disappears because it blends with the greens on him.  Hope you enjoy him!

• By EvilJames
      Talk like a Pirate Day seems as good a day as any to start my Frostgrave: GA terrain thread. I'm making a bunch of Islands for a game I am running for two back to back conventions, Rock- Con and Gameholecon. I have a few Islands carved out of foam already and some bases for them cut from the leftover scraps of wall paneling for my basement room.
      Here are my first 3 before they are based. Already populated with other things I need to photograph.

Front and back of a piece of panel scrap. This piece wasn't the right size for any of my islands that I've cut, but that's alright I need to cut a few more and a beach anyway.

The two islands I have, ready for priming and painting. There is a third island but it's not based yet. I'm currently gluging to the "brick" side of the panel so the island rest evenly on the table. Should I continue that or would it make more sense to glue to the smooth side? The intent here is to have a bunch of bridges that connect the islands. I have some docks I got off of thigiverse that should work for this but I don't have enough of the parts printed to show.

Hopefully I'll have some time to work on this this weekend. It needs to be done before the last week of October.

• By lexomatic
      It this yesterday because it gives me a nice in-between mini from my reaper eldritch demon and my Cthulhu.
      This is about 90 minutes

Lots of inaccessible spots and texture which makes painting not fun. Will be making this shorter than planned as a result. Everything will get a flesh wash. I'll do some eyes and claws, then a medium and ink wash of the clear plastic water.
  • Who's Online   41 Members, 2 Anonymous, 181 Guests (See full list)