Some custom cavs

Stormus

Hey guys I just finished two custom cavs and am wanting to run them by you. The first is the hurricane and the other is the KDM Maralith (its all KDM parts). I'm quite partial to missile packs as you can see. I'll post a picture of the Hurricane soon and i'm working on some fluff for both. The hurricane has custom made dfms.

Stormus :devil:

Hurricane

0 1 2 3 4 5 6

Repair: 3 4 5 6 7 8

MM: 16, 16, 16, 16, 16, 12, 12,

ACA: 0 0 -1 -2 -3 -3 -3

DCA: 5 4 4 4 3 3 2

Armor: +2, +2, +2, +1 ,1 +0, 0

Power: 17, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12, 8

TL: +3, +3, +2, +2, +1, +1, +0

ECM: +3, +3, +3, +2, +2, +1, +1

Reign Heavy XIV: 40 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2

Reign Heavy XIV: 40 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2 5/+2

C56 Heavy 22: 2 60 1/+4 1/+4 1/+4 1/+4 1/+4 NA NA

PTS 468

Breeder Notlin 73 Target N3 Line Lock ECM Notlih System 22

Target Type Hard Move Type CAV Role Suppiority

Maralith

Repair: 3 4 5 6 7 8

MM: 16, 14, 12, 10, 9, 8, 6

ACA: 0 -1 -2 -3 -4 -6 -7

DCA: 5 5 4 4 4 2 2

Armor: +3, +3, +3, +3, +2, +1, 0

Power: 18, 18, 18, 16, 12, 8, 6

TL: +4, +4, +3, +2, +1, +1, +0

ECM: +3, +3, +2, +2, +1, 0, -1

Model 7 :40 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1

Model 7:40 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1 3/+1

PTS 356

Breeder Grusweld Type 5b Target Enihr Lock 3a ECM CMC Series 18a

Target Type Hard Move Type CAV Role Support Fire

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the middle of working on the fluff for both, which should be done right after origins. The maralith is the third prototype (it only needs to be assembled and painted) and the hurricane was my downgraded idea for a super-heavy cav.

For the hurricane I wanted a cav with dfms that could mess with a rhino or any super-heavy (mainly my dads mastadon) and stay just out of range.

The maralith is a gladiator-like cav with 4 dfms and good range. It was the first custom cav I did, and it went through three total stages so far.

Stormus

Erm Stormus, what type of weapon is the Reign Heavy XIV? I'm only asking, cos I'm curious :o) Also, the Model 7 can't be mounted in 4 like that. It's a seconday weapon... you'll need a Model 7a (same stat line but takes up a primary mount) or something :o)

But I like them. I'm not sure on the power figures for your designs, but it looks like you could be paying for power you don't need. I like them though, fairly balanced, and the high cost is cos of the front loading I asusme.

Really good stats.

as stated before, good job on keeping the stats moderate, though i personally feel you didn't have to keep the arm low on the Hurricane. I'de raise it one point, and drop the Reign missiles by one for hard targets. The power could be reduced assuming these are missile weapons, the Rhino's Model 7 uses 1 power to fire. (You don't need that much power to use these types of CAV).

Basically these are simular to the fire support CAVs already in place, only the primary weapons are comparable to superiority weapons, and don't suffer penalty costs for firing past 24 inches. This is fine, but its still a fire support CAV with teeth, give the primary mounts AA capabilities, and consider renaming the primary mounted Model 7s on the Maralith to perhaps Model 7 Bravo. (to signify same weapon, different mounting configuration.)

I have to see pics, they sound good.

well, the Reign XIV is a custom missle packthat was designed to do large amounts of damage the hard targets but minimal to soft targets. The armor increase sounds good and I'm thinking of making the Reign XIV +5/+0, because its initial idea behind it was the take on super-heavys.

For the maralith I'll label the guns differntly yet keep the same stats (Model 7 Alphas).

The minis forn both will be with me at origins and i'll be working on the third maralith there as well.

Stormus

According to the desihn rules I have with me, missiles are limited to +4 against hard targets. That means you'll need to change the Reign DFM packs to +4/+whatever since the current ones are illegal.

I'm not sure if it's changed, but I don't think so.

Well unless there is design errata, the rules for missile packs is dfms can be at max +5/+3 and ifms max at +3/+5. this is from p.144 in the jor1. This makes me question the heavy mortars because of what it says on the page.

Stormus

Okies, the pdf I have was updated. That's cool, cos I wanted to make a +5/+0 DFM for a custom CAV of my own anyway.

I still think you should rework your breeders, since you're paying for power you're not ever gonna use without a hefty weapon swap or something.