pinkymadigan

My Undead Army (so far)

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Nice group. Hope it plays well for you.

I win occasionally, but my interest is 70% hobby, 30% gaming. Which probably coincides with my loss to win percent.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 5

OUTSTANDING! That is a very impressive Horde of Deadites. They are all BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creations...there are quite a few that I have never seen before. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Those are fantastic, mate! 

You have a couple of werewolves in there too - are they rackham minis or something else? I don't recognise them from GW but i may be well off here:

werewolves.thumb.png.d6ad13faee41b990bbdb545b646b7dca.png

Again though, beautiful work on your paintjob. Really nice and tactile looking!

Edited by GreenBeams
adding media
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GreenBeams said:

Those are fantastic, mate! 

You have a couple of werewolves in there too - are they rackham minis or something else? I don't recognise them from GW but i may be well off here:

werewolves.thumb.png.d6ad13faee41b990bbdb545b646b7dca.png

Again though, beautiful work on your paintjob. Really nice and tactile looking!

Thanks!

The back left corner is Mantic, the others are all Reaper. Back center is metal, all others are Bones.

Edited by pinkymadigan
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

That's a pretty kick-arse army you've got there; very nice work!

I like how you've integrated figures from varying lines together and made them work.

How do you base them; paint the figure separately, make the base then pin the figure in place?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's a pretty kick-arse army you've got there; very nice work!

I like how you've integrated figures from varying lines together and made them work.

How do you base them; paint the figure separately, make the base then pin the figure in place?

Yeah, everything gets painted on the base it came with or similar, then I make and paint the base. Then I scrape areas flat if I need better adhesion and/or pin the minis in place, and touch up around their feet.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bonnie Bailey
      I finally finished this project! This was a mini I got a forgotten number of years ago with an order during October. Being as this is a more modern vibe the first thing that came to my mind first is: Make her a neon Witch! This was such a joy to paint. It was my first real attempt at osl and sheer fabric. I used quite a few reaper paints but I will give you the main ones that pulled of the effects that I wanted. If you have other question feel free to ask and I will share with you what I used/did. 
      Dominant paints used:
      Punk rock pink 09286
      Marid blue 89526
      Clear magenta 09098
      Regal purple 09238
      Clear purple 09099
      Nightmare black 09280
      Fair skin 09047
      Dark elf skin 09164
      Pure black 09037
      Pure white 09039
      Let me know what you think!

• By Inarah
      This is the Bones version.  I used her for an experiment with Contrast paints.  I think it worked ok, but the softer detail gave a less desired effect -- at least on the armor. I had to go over that again with an ink wash.  The red came out very bright.  Maybe I could have gone over that with ink, too, but I liked the vivid contrast. She is a vampire, after all.  I drybrushed a little silver metal for highlights on her armor, looks good in hand, but the flash caught it and it looks like white spots in the pic. 

• By Inarah
      An experiment with metallic paint.  Not sure I like how he came out, but the players sure won't miss their perception checks for that red armor.  Chopped up his cloak a bit trying to get him on a sculpted base, and the color washed out a bit in the flash. 

• By pinkymadigan
      https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/15/old-world-new-warhammer/

I don't particularly care myself, I've been playing Kings of War since right before 2nd edition and intend to stick with Mantic, but I find it fascinating that they think people who already scrapped their square bases are willing to return to a system run by the very company that asked them to rebase in the first place.
    • By odinsgrandson
      Orks are terrific, aren’t they? While the aesthetics and logic behind most 40k factions tries to toe the line between Full Blanche and minimally plausible weapons of war, the Space Orks just embrace the most absurd logic (a red paint job actually makes it go faster).
      This conversion was created by my client- and I really love it. Orks looting vehicles from Imperial factions is always great, but there’s something especially amazing about looting the claw of a titan and turning it into a tank.
      For the paint job, the titan claw is meant to look like the Orks painted over the original Titan’s color scheme. To this end, some of the scratches in the red show blue and imperial insignias and patterns underneath.

• Who's Online   30 Members, 1 Anonymous, 344 Guests (See full list)