Clearman

Scale75 - The Chronicles of Run

3 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

After thinking about this for a bit, I wonder whether Scale75 is casting in-house and sending out rewards as the figures are cast. It would make the slow rate of fulfillment understandable, especially if they have limited resin-casting staff (and mold-cutting staff, since they would need to replace molds several times during the casting process).

Hmm. That might do it. But their last update with a "shipping about to begin" had a picture of lots of clam-shell packed Kieras (I think). That seems to be a point against shipping as they're cast, unless they're doing it in batches. 

• Like 1

My stuff showed up today!  Just basically opened the box and did a quick inventory.  I was surprised that the smaller figures were resin this time.  The extra arm for Loreen was just tossed in the box with all the other add-ons and extras.  Thankfully it didn't get broken.  Quick look at the busts looks good, with a few parts that look like they'll need heat treating to straighten out.  Pretty much the usual resin casting artifacts.  Main parts look clean.

Scale75.jpg

• Like 8

My mini-Christmas was today as well. No notice, just a package on the porch. Mine looks a lot like @Mckenna35's. Thenidiel's bow is broken, but it's a clean break and should be easy to fix. Otherwise looks very good.

Sculpts and casting are very nice, both for the busts and the 35mm figures.

• Like 5

Mine arrived yesterday.  Had a quick look through everything and it all looks good to me.  The skull on Aruh'Ka's(?) shoulder had a broken horn but the piece is in the packaging but I kind of like the look of one of the horns being broken.

When the package arrived I didn't have high hopes as it sounded like all the pieces were just dumped in a box as it was making a terrible rattling sound.  Turns out the bag holding the agitators broke open and they were what was rolling around.  Everything else was decently packaged.

The free figures are TINY but they still look nice and will be good practice.  

• Like 3

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. Did anyone get tracking or did it all just show up out of the blue?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NomadZeke said:

I'm still waiting on mine to arrive. Did anyone get tracking or did it all just show up out of the blue?

Just showed up.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

Just showed up.

Same with me. Showed up on the porch.

Yay!

• Like 1

Mine arrived.  Two boxes in a plastic bag. Could have split the contents between the boxes, but they stuffed one and left the other half full. Necromancer has a broken piece that I'll have to look at later. I like the magnet bottle opener and the beads. Not a fan of the coasters 5his time around.

Has anyone received anything in Britain yet? I'm sadly still waiting. You lot are so very lucky. Then again if my parcel comes slowly that means there's else's chance of anything getting broken in the post, right? Probably not. It probably just means they're sending everyone else's stuff first as usual :p.

I'm somewhat disappointed by their communication on this. They did start shipping in the last few days of April, but they're moving at a snail's pace. They showed pictures in an update of lots of ready-to-box figures back then. But they are saying the shipments are still going, because they're shipping as they produce figures. If they'd stated that was the plan, it would be less annoying. 6 weeks for 635 orders is... slow. 

30 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I'm somewhat disappointed by their communication on this.

No argument there. A periodic update with casting rates and casts remaining from the project would have been very nice to have.

30 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

They did start shipping in the last few days of April, but they're moving at a snail's pace. They showed pictures in an update of lots of ready-to-box figures back then. But they are saying the shipments are still going, because they're shipping as they produce figures. If they'd stated that was the plan, it would be less annoying. 6 weeks for 635 orders is... slow. 

Two things:

• They still have to maintain their normal business, so it's not just cast up those orders and ship them, it's cast up those orders in between all the other regular castings.
  • Resin casting is a very fiddly business: The molds don't last very long (especially when you require the quality that I've seen from their molds), so part of the time is spent making new molds. You can't do a lot at a time, because the resin mixing and pouring is both tricky and time critical. You have to get the molds into the vacuum chamber for degassing in a very short time, so that the resin is still very liquid, and they have have to stay there for quite a while. You have to make very sure you've waited long enough for the resin to fully cure before demolding. And you have to clean up any obvious mold gates after demolding. And then you get some success rate below 100%, because that's the way casting works (and it sure looks to me like they're being careful about quality).

Easy for me to say, because I was lucky enough to get my order early, but there you go. FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised to find that the degassing chamber was the bottleneck. It's probably sized for their normal business and getting an extra (say) 2-3000 busts (plus all the 35mm figures) through could take quite a while.

• Like 2

I don't actually mind a delay. If it is delayed, whatever. Just say so. As you have mentioned, resin is a tricky beast. I just wish I knew when things would be arriving, an issue which is compounded by not providing tracking information upon sending. An estimate, even if it gets revised regularly, would be nice. In KS comments they said they had ~15% left, last I saw. 

• Like 1

I'm still waiting on mine. I'm getting five busts so I'm probably in the last group.