SamuraiJack

Trolls, Goblins, and Orcs: Miniatures for painters and games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/motioninpoetrygames/trolls-goblins-and-orcs-miniatures-for-painters-an?ref=discovery

About

About The Project :)

Hi there :) I'm here hoping to fund a brand new range of characterful miniatures, designed especially for collectors, gamers, and painters :)

the minis are a collection of Trolls, Goblins, Gribbles, and (hopefully) even Orcs :) each cast in high quality resin, ranging from 50mm, to 30mm scale in size :) and each sculpted with a bit of that old school character and charm that first got me into this hobby all those years ago :)

there will be some individual character minis, and a few small units to start with :) and hopefully if it all goes well, we can unlock some more minis to add to the list, and hopefully even add a few gifts thrown in, just to say thanks :) 

also, for a small group of lucky people, there will be the chance to work together to design your own unique 30mm scale mini, sculpted and designed by myself :) and cast in high quality resin, for use in your own collection :) sounds pretty cool, right ?? :D

I've been a professional miniatures designer for many years, and have finally decided to try releasing my own range :) and have enlisted the help of other industry veterans to help with the physical production :) more in depth details about the campaign, production methods, and also a bit about myself and career, can be seen after all the pretty pictures :)

thanks for taking a look :)

c2c1d4f22d96121ec4942606e73be5fe_origina
708e2ed83b224e90ca5b14eda7d2b203_origina
ce4e86d8d94fd5a71d862c8f979ace65_origina
864229cf4d13c1b5683f071ff9805eb6_origina
d07c1032f72fd5876b94013127ea030e_origina
6379cbc8d7227df23d7f1c0a7306bb85_origina
ba8a646d9c1c999b536872ce2f960544_origina
330aaa1fd2bc3f9bde9c0be1cc70b6a6_origina
b3fbc1a248adf3b411f79ccdfd0cc675_origina

• Like 1

I'm disturbed by the amount of smiley faces in that description :) But now that I know that :) is interchangeable with a period to end a sentence, I'm going to write all of my professional emails for work this way :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Guindyloo said:

I'm disturbed by the amount of smiley faces in that description :) But now that I know that :) is interchangeable with a period to end a sentence, I'm going to write all of my professional emails for work this way :)

Based on the goblins, I think it's fair to assume that the creator is the Joker's brother and all those smiles are, in fact, crazy smiles.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

The sculptor certainly has his own style, but I wish he wasn’t so influenced by GW’s.

There's a noticeable oldhammer Night Goblin vibe to them, isn't there? 

Still nicer than the night goblin ball and chain guys (forgot their actual names) that Games Workshop did though. ^_^

I'm always in favor of goblins riding those, uh, pac-man things.  I think I still have a bunch of those painted green and flocked, to look like creeping plants.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/swordstoneminis/the-goblins-28mm-fantasy-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Digital render of the finished sculpts. In the last six or so years I have played a lot of tabletop games, ranging from Warhammer and Dungeons & Dragons to smaller games like Frostgrave and Relicblade. I have fallen in love with the hobby of painting miniatures and everything surrounding it. A year ago I made plans to give something back and to add something to this hobby community I love so dearly.
      My background in digital game art helped me a lot since I was already familiar with the software to sculpt digitally. So I started working on a few miniatures I would like to produce. Most of them were abandoned in favor of better ideas, but eventually I created this set of three goblins. These goblins are each embodiments of the archetypes found in many of the games I love: the wizard, the fighter and the thief/ranger. 
      I spent the last year figuring out how to cast resin to the standards I saw in the products I enjoy and how to make sure digitally sculpted details translated well to the tabletop scale.
      These three figures are the end result of that progress, but hopefully the start of a lot more.
      I made this Kickstarter to cover the costs of the materials used and shipping, but mostly so I can bring these little goblins to your tabletop :)
      All miniatures will be multiple parts cast in resin and supplied unpainted, with a 25mm gaming base.
      The final resin casts.
    • By ced1106
      The KS is starting off with bases, and SG's unlock the terrain:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787010870/the-temple-of-chaos-quickstarter-resin-bases-and-terrain

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/163050832/animal-companion-miniatures-by-crititcouk-series-2?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      You spoke and we listened ...
      Thank you for checking out our project. After our first successful project we are back with the same great detailed miniatures but in the 28mm scale many of you wanted.
      Made from injection moulded PVC we were incredibly happy with the quality of our previous models, the factory we worked with were very efficient allowing us to start to fulfil our Kickstarter a full two months early.
      We worked hard to have our sculpts in place meaning as soon as we are successful we can spring into action and instruct the factory to start the process. 
      Core Box Alpha containing 2 large Animals (2inch base) and 6 medium Animals (1inch base) 28mm scale Models Hero Forge Models next to our Animal Miniatures Core Box Beta containing 2 large Animals (2inch base) and 6 medium Animals (1inch base) 28mm scale Models Hero Forge Models next to our Animal Miniatures Pledge for both to make a saving. Both Core Boxes containing 4 large Animals (2inch base) and 12 medium Animals (1inch base) 28mm scale Models Containing various animals and companions these 2 core sets are everything you loved in the first but with a 28mm scale. 
        At a staggering 7" tall and 10" long the mighty Tarrasaque attacks... Think yourself lucky, he was originally intended to be 14" in height!
    • By Scylla Models
      KICKSTARTER: Tales from the Catacombs

They drag their feet one in front the other, deliberately, slowly. They  crawl out of their resting grounds. Out of the tombs to the fresh air,  slowly, unrestained. 
      Scylla Models is back presenting you a new range of Villains and Undead monsters for your collection. The models we present you are master casts  white metal (primed white for better result in the pictures), with the only exception of Zuula. She on her Night Terror is our first large monster and we decided to go resin. The results are quite impressive as you might see in the picture. If you want to know more about  us visit our website. 

KICKSTARTER: Tales from the Catacombs

• Who's Online   19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 177 Guests (See full list)