Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
So browsing MM for their BF sale & I come across this from Citadel/GW
All the title says is Citadel Colour Spray Stick & there is no description, other then
Manf: Games Workshop
1 Spray Stick
1 Detachable Handle
50 Elastic Bands
Instantly I thought it was rubber band shooter, but it got me to look at GW's website to see what purpose this actually does:
Ie something I can accomplish with double stick tape & a piece of cardboard......sigh.
So recently one of my wargaming friends has been really trying to get someone in our group to kitbash together some Imperial Guard Rough Riders. Not exactly sure why he doesn't just build some and I had decided to just ignore him when inspiration hit. While hanging around some GW kit bashing forums I came across an image.
I have absolutely no idea where this image actually came from, it was a repost of a repost. In the end it didn't matter though, I knew I could pull off something similar and more importantly I could build most of the project using only pieces on hand. Only needing wheels and bases means these will be very cheap to make.
After getting lucky on eBay I have a ton of guardsmen, but ten of them just don't fit my current army. They do however fit this project perfectly. Step one was getting them off their bases and that GW plastic melting glue really made that hard. Luckily I was able to get them all detached without injuring myself.
The rest came together really quickly. I swapped out some arms, trimmed some sprue pieces, raided my bits bags, and trimmed down some toothpicks. Here is my final result.
Now the search for wheels begins.
A good friend gave me this out-of-production Tomb King for my birthday last month; it is a fabulously detailed sculpt, with vulture motifs and fancy collars and greaves. My Google-fu is weak, so I don't know its exact designation beyond "Tomb King on foot," but you might know better!
I decided to give him a monogrammed cartouche on his tattered robe; I had looked up Neferkasokar for a Call of Cthulhu game previously.
I wasn't sure what to make of the tattered stitched-together sheets on his kilt and shield, so I decided they would be papyri with apotropaic ensorcellments and spells.
And while I was on the subject, I gave a touch-up to some of the other mummies and ushabtis I'd previously painted.
With my Cadian army nearly finished and my wife's army at a playable state I decided to take a break from 40k painting. Since I've been painting for our actual armies for so long I decided to start a new WIP thread rather than use my old random projects thread (the "Too Many Projects" thread will be replaced by this one).
But before getting too far ahead I'd like to show everyone just how bad my box got while painting for 40k and killteam. This of course doesn't include any GW boxes I may or may not have on hand to paint "just for fun". I swear I'll paint those Skaven sooner or later.
Though some of the figures were closer to completion, I simply couldn't resist painting one I've had my eye on for months (I mean this quite literally as the figure sat on my lamp's base since I first got it and probably ended up in the background of many of my progress shots). When I first pulled this from a box of goodwill I knew exactly what I wanted to do. This figure just screamed Don Quixote, at least to me it did. So that's exactly how I painted it and though it may just be a simple paint job I'm already thinking about creating a new character just to use it.
Who's Online 12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)