Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

ReaperCon 2018 Speed Paints

Barnabus is the paint by die roll where we had to use flesh tone for metals...there were many 'meat sword' jokes going around the tables.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I agree withIridil, i'm glad that you found the fun part of the hobby again.

Good stuff here, especially considering the time constraints and other complications you faced.

I did a couple Sophie Says, but couldn't work time into my schedule for the others, hopefully next year.

• Like 1

Barnabus looks great, definitely a cool potential villain.  ^_^ 

I'm glad you're finding more fun in painting again, painting for gaming is always what gets me motivated too.  

• Like 1

Woohoo! Speed paints for the joy of it!

These look like a lot of fun. I think the unexpected colors add a lot!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Manarchist
      My first post here! I thought the bones 4 ape men would make good soldiers for my growing demonic army. Still thinking of tweaking some of the smaller details and considering also painting the armored one as a barlgura. Tried to give some texture by dry brushing orange over a black base coat for fur. I also tried to dry brush around the eyes to create a deep red glowing effect.

Shown with a human paladin for scale.
      C and c welcome but keep in mind I’m pretty new to this!

The monster Manual art for reference:

• By Lidless Eye
      Mostly aimed at Frostgrave, Ghost Archipelago, and Rangers of Shadow Deep, here's some more completed miniatures from Reaper Bones 4.

Clever girls.

Ape Attack!

"But no one ever asks, Howvern?"

They're here to harass KoRn:

I'm a big fan of the tongue-lashing sculpt.

Dreadmere's Giant Leeches, painted up to be Purple Wormlings:

• By Lidless Eye
      This was one of the first add-ons from the Kickstarter that was a must for me.  Monster Undead are always fun.

• By Ludo
      To help alleviate the last minute rush order or trying to have them shipped to the hotel, I'm reminding people that personalized badge ribbons are a thing.

Because of forum rules we can't post a link to where to order them but if you post here, a certain @ub3r_n3rd fairy may PM you details.

The standard size that Reaper makes their ribbons is: Personalized Badge Ribbon 1-5/8"H x 3-1/2"W

FAQ
      What are the ribbons for?!
      Reaper gives out ribbons for various tasks like joining a faction, taking a class, spending a LOT of money in the Reaper Booth. Some are known, some are secret.
      Individuals also have their own ribbons made and have their own criteria for earning them. 
      In the past there has been a prize for longest chain (without duplicates) but this is subject to the whims of Reaper.

Can I make my own ribbons?
      Absolutely. Anyone can have their own ribbon. Come up with fun (family appropriate) phrase and a task that you will have the receiver perform (again, family appropriate) then contact a ribbon company to have them printed.

How many ribbons should I bring?
      If this is your first time giving out ribbons, 100 should be plenty. If you are teaching a class, running a game or a vendor, you probably want more as you will be interacting with more people.

Is there a list of all the Ribbons and how to get them?
      Short answer, No.
      Part of the fun is talking to people to learn how they got a particular ribbon. When the con starts, I'll probably update this post with a list of known ribbons. like the ones Reaper gives out or ones individuals want to share. (Please don't share the how to unless you have the OK from the creator) 

Not even one spoiler?
      Ok, if you want to get the "Ludo, Friend" ribbon, you have to bring Ludo a small rock. (Rocks from the hotel decor will not be accepted.) Bonus points will be awarded on how fancy the rock is. 

• By Darcstaar
      I recently started a project to go through the Bones 1 KS models I have in order from a printout of the Rewards pictures.
      Here is the first project: Cassie, Gnome Wizard.  There are some great examples of her out there.  I knew I wanted a purple-haired gnome, and just went from there.
      The most aggravating part of this miniature was the cloak.  I wasn't planning on spending so much time on these figures, but I tried a freehand Raindrop pattern, and it took a long time.

Link to WIP

Enjoy.
      C&C Welcome.

-Darc
  • Who's Online   57 Members, 2 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)